Second Skin Audio

Ideas for LVL 6 12

OrionStang

Thats all the airspace a lvl 6 needs?

its a lvl 6 but it's still a 12" sub lol.

the size of a sub has NOTHING to do with the amount of air space it needs. Its all related to the T/S specs.

OrionStang, i'd recommend getting a WT3 and measuring the T/S specs of your sub, then going through a design program and finding something that looks like something you'd enjoy.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

That whole damn box seems crazy small to me.

Id start at 2.2 with 38sqin.

But thats me.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

this should make a nice addition to my facebook page. let me take a crack at this. be back tomorrow night with a design!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

People often forget that acoustical energy is way cheaper than electrical energy

And since when is an entire brand suddenly ok to be crammed into these shoebox size enclosures?

Ive done drop in's from small to big. And yes even with DC. Bigger box was louder lower every time.

I must be missing something

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Dude. Its only 2.2.

Easily fits in a mustang i can get 2 without even having to kick the box in.

People often forget that acoustical energy is way cheaper than electrical energy

And since when is an entire brand suddenly ok to be crammed into these shoebox size enclosures?

Ive done drop in's from small to big. And yes even with DC. Bigger box was louder lower every time.

I must be missing something

Not doubting you at all. I can build in the trunk, but then sub up would be the only option.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I cant really say anything about the port, because the amount of port area your sub will need is decided by the TS specs, and how much xmax it has. the higher you tune, the more port area you need, thats the only port spec thats set in stone, that, and you ALWAYS need a flare on the port.

Since i bought my WT3, im suprised i didnt buy one sooner. Just used it to measure a boston G1 12" im going to be putting in an avalanche next week :)

Edit: i would assume that it has a crazy high QTS value tho, meaning it would need a massive ported box, or a medium sized sealed enclosure with a bit of closed cell foam on the rear baffle to minimize rear wave distortion. Its a crazy exspensive sub, and normally a sub wouldnt need that, but if you're paying that much for one, might as well get the most out of it.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Archived