Second Skin Audio

First attempt. tell me how i did!

412 CVX

Built like a tank man I like it better than mine. Whats the purpose of such a thick baffle and doubled on the rest. Is that really necessary or is this desing just for high powered subs. Ports can be that big and not lose excursion control if I'm asking it right.

Keep in touch!

okay little update. i guess the design isn't quite as interchangeable as i'd like, but i modeled a possible port for competitions. i'm not too experienced with burp boxes, but hopefully this is somewhat close to what one would be like. again this is my first attempt, so let me know how i did!

pics:

specsport2.jpg

frontofport2.jpg

backport2.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Built like a tank man I like it better than mine. Whats the purpose of such a thick baffle and doubled on the rest. Is that really necessary or is this desing just for high powered subs. Ports can be that big and not lose excursion control if I'm asking it right.

thanks for the feedback!

like i said, this is my first attempt. with the box, there wasn't a lot of room for bracing, so i wanted to make sure it was sturdy enough.

the combined weight of the woofers and the baffle might have been a little much for 3/4 mdf, hence why i made the walls 1.5" thick. this also gave me the ability to "interlock" the walls so to speak, which should help with the strength/sturdiness some.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

another update here

made one with a little more port area tuned to 33.6 hz

specsport3.jpg

port3.jpg

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

That box looks tight if you ask me, also, you sir have some skills using that sketch program hehe, i suck at those things!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Thanks! sketchup is pretty easy to use once you learn the ropes, but it can still be a bish at times

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

looks pretty good :good:

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived