Sonic Electronix

Ive been collecting some Audiobahn subs and had a thought of how to wire them up best. Ive got 2 Alum12q's rated 1000 rms with dual 6ohm coils and a 1206t Flame Q rated 1100 rms and dual 4ohm coils and Ive got two 2ohm stable mono amps: would it be better to wire one voice coil from each subwoofer on each amp OR wire each Alum12q to 3 ohms with one coil from my Flame Q? I have already constructed the box on paper just need to build but I really want to run this setup without trading out or using different equipment. I have an idea that a coil from each sub on one amp would be the best way but havent ever found anyone with different spec subs like I have.

Pair Audiobahn Alum 12 Q's

Audiobahn 1206t Flame Q

Single chamber Ported Box

New Majestic 1200 Rms 1 Ohm Stable Monoblock

New slim type cooling fan

Alpine Mrp 240 4ch amp

Four 5x7 Stock speakers

Four 6.5 Stock speakers

Two 4x6 Stock speakers

Rockford Fosgate 4ga. power

Rockford Fosgate RCA's

Old school electric crossover

Halo Edition Zune

Personally I wouldn't mix subs. If you do wire the 2 that are the same to one amp and wire the odd ball to the other amp.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Don't use different subs, especially not when they have a different ohmage.

2 of them will get more power then the other.

You will be louder, sound better with only 1 of those series.(i mean only use 2 subs which are the same.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Best would be to trade out the 1 and get a 3rd for a match of 3...please dont run 2 different subs.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Ok with the current feedback my 2nd question would be: If I ran 3 of the Alumq12's with two amps would it be best to run a coil from each sub to an amp or wire 2 subs to 3ohms on each amp and the 3rd sub a coil to each amp? I have run 2 Alumq12's and a Niche audio 1200 Ho wired down to 1.5 ohms (it reads higher ohms with all the wires) off one 2ohm stable amp before and have had no problems/shutdowns but now I have 2 amps and just want to put out more power. Aside from what was said I believe my Falme Q can handle the xtra power with its lower impedance coils, it is a beast by itself, I thank you all for your input.

Audiobahn 1206t Flame Q

Alpine Mrp 240 4ch amp

Four 5x7 Stock speakers

Four 6.5 Stock speakers

Two 4x6 Stock speakers

Rockford Fosgate RCA's

Halo Edition Zune

• 5 weeks later...

Ok the 3 sub setup is pounding quite nice, all 3 Audiobahns are getting along: Ive wired them one voice coil from each sub to an amp and the box used to be ported with a simple hole drilled out the back but since Ive sealed the port and did a leak check the quality of the bass is just amazing!! The box everyone is in is open inside so they all share the same 4.5 cubic ft of air. Another question Id like to ask if I can get away with it is, the box is made from MDF and I want to fiberglass the inside and repair the subwoofer mounting face (the part where you screw in the subs) cause Im just not getting that resistance when I push the subs inward (not a perfect seal). I guess is it a good idea to fiberglass the box or should I just use some clear silicone all around the joints??? Am able to do great fiberglass work.

Audiobahn 1206t Flame Q

Alpine Mrp 240 4ch amp

Four 5x7 Stock speakers

Four 6.5 Stock speakers

Two 4x6 Stock speakers

Rockford Fosgate RCA's

Halo Edition Zune

I would make a new sealed box so each sub has its own chamber and im not sure if the way you wired it is correct. I've never heard of anyone doing that. Make a new box and do like everyone said and put two subs on one amp and one on the other. Best bet is to get matching subs and one amp to run them

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch