Sundown Audio

HIFONICS COLOSSUS LIMITED EDITION

ainawi

Obviously that he calls b.s. If you're still confused, google b.s. and see what it means.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I am running a hifonics bxi 2600 to an 18btl and am considering stepping up to the colossus.. As of now i like hifnonics but am not amazed. In the summers it tends to get pretty hot to the touch but still puts out good power.

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

I can't speak for nine8sst, but I'm assuming he's calling bullshit on the statement of the hifonics amp being better than the other 2 amps mentioned. The rockford will do well over rated, I don't have any experience with the db drive, so I can't judge that, but I do run hifonics amps, I love them. They put out rated or very close to it, except for the hifi line which suck and barely do half of what they're rated for.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

The only reason I sold the Colossus was because I started to work at a shop that didn't sell Hifonics and the owner of the company allowed me to buy the Rockford at employee accomodation which is about 30% off dealer cost which made the switch easier ( and the guy was an asshole who didnt want you to demo your set up with equipment he didnt sell). I ran the Rockford for awhile and then I quit the shop and didn't really love the amp so I sold it. The Db drive I can by from a distributor for the lowski so that was next. My story goes on and on But that colossus puts out rated, is super efficient, and take a good look at the bass eq section, adjustable frequency, boost and q. This allowed me to have my box tuned to 38 and kick in my eq at 32 hz and on a wide q it gave me a much better sound. btw when I switched to the Rockford I lost 1 db on the termlab

Well thanks everybody for the info. my personal review based on search also gave me almost the same feedback & is that these amps can do rated at full power supply, they are reliable but heat issue is no more applicable to this latest model of colossus.

moreover, i havent tried its full potential but did test it on kicker solo x 12 & it was way too powerful as compared to two kicker kx1200.1 strapped.. the tunning options are really awesome, separate knobs for slope, phase, sub sonic freq. & bass boost freq. gives you large time facility for tuning.

I ran Hifonics for years before I switched to kicker and then to Sundown.Hifonics makes good amps at good prices.I do have to say that while they are pretty powerful they do not sound as clean as a RF amp(Which I have heard numerous times). I have never personally ran Rockford and probably never will but if I had the choice and wasnt looking for SQ i would chose the Hifonics but if I wanted SQ and those were my two choices I would run RF.Otherwise purchase a Sundown Amp LOL!!!! My 2cents

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I ran Hifonics for years before I switched to kicker and then to Sundown.Hifonics makes good amps at good prices.I do have to say that while they are pretty powerful they do not sound as clean as a RF amp(Which I have heard numerous times). I have never personally ran Rockford and probably never will but if I had the choice and wasnt looking for SQ i would chose the Hifonics but if I wanted SQ and those were my two choices I would run RF.Otherwise purchase a Sundown Amp LOL!!!! My 2cents

thanks real for your input, i already have bought it so have to be happy on what ever comes out of it hope it doesnt diasspoints me, thats all i need at the moment. & actually the reason made me take people reviews is that this amp always stands in the middle row ...

• 1 year later...

Why is it hard to get a colossus I have been on the back order list for about 2 weeks through sonix electronic and still nothing only reason waiting is they had it listed for $429 and gave me a discount for waiting on the phone so long lol! but let me have it for $409 but every place I go on is out of stoke on the hifonics colossus dont know why ebay has one for like $560 or something like that are the making a new style like the brutus can anybody help on this

Archived