Hello

I'm looking to buy new car alarm, but not sure which one will be good. Which are good car alarms for a price? Also, what else do I need to buy for it? like tilt sensor, back up battery? All I need it to do is go off if someone is looking inside of the car, glass breaks or if someone kicks tire or bangs on the glass/body.

So far I found viper 5901 and python 991. Budget ~$200, preferably with remote start :)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/compare_items.php?sort_order=%2Fviewcat.php%3Fcategory_id%3D99%26sort_order%3Dprice_asc%26items_per_page%3D100&product_id[]=17919&product_id[]=33889&product_id[]=30983&product_id[]=16156

depends on other features you want though. What evalonso say is right also bout install or is it diy

200 installed or just 200 for the alarm.... viper 5901 is about 200~or autopage rs -730 is about 130~. Viper 5901 has a crappy built-in shock sensor. You literally have to knock the crappy out of the car to get a prewarn with it turned all the way up.

are you kidding me? with my 5701 with the shock sensor on default (like 7/15), i can semi-lightly kick my tire and set the pre-alarm off.

Edited by Kranny

I have the 5901 and, it is a bad ass alarm and I have never had a single problem with it at all! If you do get it you will not regret it. Look in the look around in the alarm section there are a few threads from people that have the same alarm and all of them say the same thing. :drinks:

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Anything from Directed whether it be Viper or Clifford will work just make sure it's installed right. The problem I have seen a lot are bad installs when it comes to alarms giving problems but the Viper 5901 is a badass alarm and most of my customers walk in asking for a viper or clifford every once in awhile I get the cheapskate asking for the $99 alarm we have on a banner in the shop but I always try and school people on the fact that you shouldn't go cheap when it comes to your car do it right or don't do it at all.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif