1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

gas and routine maintenance sucks to do on big trucks. money down the drain. I know how you feel.

My mom talked me into it! She said I have worked really hard, and to do it.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Whats wrong with the headlights? if there leaking fix them yourself and save some $ other routes

-Pick and pull

-Truck forum members usually sell cheaper then any other place

Exhaust would most likely need fixing to pass inspection.

- could just have a shop fix the leaks

- custom exhaust

- ebay cat-back

Tranny fluid you might be able to do yourself if you read up on your vehicle buy double the fluid required drain it fill it run it for a day drain it fill it again this helps to get all the fluid out that sits in the torque converter even after you drain it

- if there hasnt been regular maintenance done to the transmission then you might be better off leaving it alone.

- in the end this could end up being the most expensive thing if your transmission goes out

Just another lurker

Whats wrong with the headlights? if there leaking fix them yourself and save some $ other routes

-Pick and pull

-Truck forum members usually sell cheaper then any other place

Exhaust would most likely need fixing to pass inspection.

- could just have a shop fix the leaks

- custom exhaust

- ebay cat-back

Tranny fluid you might be able to do yourself if you read up on your vehicle buy double the fluid required drain it fill it run it for a day drain it fill it again this helps to get all the fluid out that sits in the torque converter even after you drain it

- if there hasnt been regular maintenance done to the transmission then you might be better off leaving it alone.

- in the end this could end up being the most expensive thing if your transmission goes out

The gears in them are stripped so I can't aim my HID's. The exhaust just has lots of leaks but it passed smog last time so hopefully it will this time cause them subs are first haha. And ill do the transmission this summer. ive made up my mind, im getting these subs. I worked to damn hard

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I want to give a huge thanks to C-fizzy, no matter how much I tried to talk him out of it he insisted on donating to the sub fund! I really really appreciate it. He is the shit. thanks so much again man. :drinks:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

I want to give a huge thanks to C-fizzy, no matter how much I tried to talk him out of it he insisted on donating to the sub fund! I really really appreciate it. He is the shit. thanks so much again man. :drinks:

:drinks:

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

:drinks:

Nice! :drinks:

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

It's so cool how supportive everyone is! I really appreciate it. Thank you

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

The gears in them are stripped so I can't aim my HID's. The exhaust just has lots of leaks but it passed smog last time so hopefully it will this time cause them subs are first haha. And ill do the transmission this summer. ive made up my mind, im getting these subs. I worked to damn hard

Couple things, first, pick and pull is your friend as well as those forums. If you're not on any, I suggest getting on some GM forums asap. They really do help a lot. You can learn so much on how to do it yourself, get parts cheaper, and things like that. I have a 94 F350 and I've learned a ton from the Ford Forums. I've changed my Rear Antilock Brake Valve, the brake lines, done a complete tune up on it, and have already learned how to replace the steering gear box and will be doing that next. I've also learned how to do a lift on it for when I'm ready for that. I'm telling you, those forums are a god send, much like these!

Now second! Let me speak as not a father, even though I am one, but as a person who's been in your shoes. I'm going to only tell you this, and I hope you get it quicker than I did. While audio is great, and good sounds are great, if you have to sit in your driveway to listen to them cause you can't drive your truck anywhere cause it doesn't run, then they're worth shit! If you have to do it, take the money now and fix your truck. More money will be around down the line, and you can get your subs. I can't tell you how many times I've sold my audio equipment because I simply had to. It's part of life. Life's responsibilities come way before enjoyment of car audio. You can always get more equipment. Little life lesson there! You're young, you have a lot of Audio Years left in you!

Congrats on the money donation!

Ok BACK TO WORK! Go get it man! :drinks:

Archived