Second Skin Audio

Will this amp fit this sub?

good answers from a lot of people. definitely don't waste the money just to have the bass. get the sub you want and just do more research on what type of enclosure you want, draw up some designs and build it. by then you should have saved money for an amp you'd really like and puts out the actual power they rate it. :drinks:

Not trying to he a douche but why make two threads about the same thing bro?

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Not trying to he a douche but why make two threads about the same thing bro?

Because I have more questions? People stopped replying to that thread after I already posted a bump.

And I wanted different opinions. Definitely got a lot more out of this thread than the last one.

Edited by Hadec

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

I don't see the point in buying a cheap amp and stuff. Look into aq dc dd sundown Rockford fosgate and crescendo amps. Like everyone else is saying start out small. Then work your way up. For subs look into dd dc aq sundown fi obsidian audio aa etc.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Just my opinion, but I doubt you'll be buying an SMD anyway. Anyone on the Internet can say they're going to buy something. 99% of the time, all they do is say they will. Then never do. Sorry, I have nothing good to add, all because I see too many of those people post things just like you.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Just my opinion, but I doubt you'll be buying an SMD anyway. Anyone on the Internet can say they're going to buy something. 99% of the time, all they do is say they will. Then never do. Sorry, I have nothing good to add, all because I see too many of those people post things just like you.

Yeah except for I have the money for one. Someone is selling one to me for $650 and a SAZ-3500 for $550.

Edited by Hadec

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

^^^then wats with the thread if thats wat ur gonna get??...not bein a dick, just confused is all...if u were looking for something to just power the smd before u grab the sundown, thats pointless...1) waste of money for any other amp...2) bc u wuld go cheap, u wuld get cheap, dirty power or just not enough power, which would lead to u needing different boxes from the cheapo amp to wen u put in the 3500...honestly, ur cheapest and best route is to do something like wat i recommended or just wait to grab the smd and the sundown...personally, id do the option i made...more cone area from 2 12", more coil to dissipate heat, cheaper, probably a smaller box will be needed for the 2 12s (dc's like small boxes, i dk about the smd)

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

that SMD will take 5k rms allllll day long if clean power... power acoustik boss and all them are NOT going to come anywhere near rated power..

IF ur actually going to get a smd..dont waste money on a amp that will die anyways bc they r that cheap..

also why make a thread if u already know what ur going to buy n such?/

Yeah except for I have the money for one. Someone is selling one to me for $650 and a SAZ-3500 for $550.

There ya go. That's a good setup. :drink40:

Unlike everyone one, I'll tell you, any amp will power any woofer.

Will a BAMF5500 push the SMD to it's max? No, but it would put a clean 2,000w to it and move it a little.

that SMD will take 5k rms allllll day long if clean power... power acoustik boss and all them are NOT going to come anywhere near rated power..

IF ur actually going to get a smd..dont waste money on a amp that will die anyways bc they r that cheap..

also why make a thread if u already know what ur going to buy n such?/

Nah i didnt know what I wanted. I thought I did but I keep changing my mind :D

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"