Worst install mistakes?

my buddy spot welded a wrench onto a battery terminal not too long ago, it was a little closer than he thought and i had to kick it off the battery

468x60drc.jpg

^^ How the?? :trippy:

LOL yeh car crash, with a bad box design, maybe not stong enough..well thats what he says lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Biggest mistake I've ever made is not hooking up 12V switched to the appropriate wiring in dash and having a deck that won't power up. Also broken my share of factory trim clips. I think those fuckers are DESIGNED to break the first time a trim panel is removed so you have to buy new ones.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

got a brand new DC amp and almost blew it the same day by wiring the power to ground and ground to power..... and i built a box thinking it was going to fit in my trunk no problem.... well it turned out to be bigger than i thought and a couple of spartan kicks later it got in there but the corners were mangled. still is sealed and plays great. hahaha

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Fell running up the steps with a customers 15" Punch HX2, neither the basket nor the motor survived the trip down the steps. Needless to say the customer was upgraded to T1 15s with a little help from my wallet. :(

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I removed my sub from the box cuz I was going to put it In a new one I had just built and accidentally knocked my sub out of my suburbans trunk as I pulled out the old box causing the magnet to shift and the basket the crack....so much for the new box

Its All Good!!!

Build on hold...

My first system when i was 15 or so was a pair of kicker cvr and a pos Kenwood 1200 or 1800 watt amp either way i had it briged down to 0.5 ohm and I blew 6 or 7 fuses before i figured that out.

03 Wrangler Sahara

6" lift (5 inch suspension 1 inch body)

20" Boss Rims with 33" tires

Front and back bumper guards

4 3/4 ton winch

Kenne Bell supercharger with cold air

Full Exhaust

Pioneer mvh-p8200bt

Pioneer Components

COMING SOON...

3 12" Kicker CVT's

RF T1000.1BD

Ruining an Amp from having the wrong color boots on my power and grounds, you would think after blowing 2 fuses i would have figured it out sooner

Lol done that twice.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

I began installing in about 1983, so I could probably publish a book on what I've seen. I'll list two:

After begging and pleading for a local shop to hire me for my first professional job as an installer, I was handed the keys to a used Oldsmobile. The glory job? Pull it around into the bay and remove the stock radio so that it could be repaired. In those days, many GM vehicles required numerous trim panels be removed to access the radio. While removing the lower dash panel, I overlooked one of the screws holding it in place. I pulled at it and the panel snapped into two pieces at it's thinnest point below the steering wheel. Luckily, the snap was clean and you couldn't tell when the panel was reinstalled. LOL . . .

I once watched an installer use a 9.6 volt makita battery to try and identify the speaker wires in the wiring harness of a Hyundai when they were like brand new. In the process, he was amazed to note that the windshield wipers moved a bit when two wires were touched to the battery. The vehicle was towed from the bay and had the ECU replaced afterwards.

ROFLOL, CLASSIC!!!!!!

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Archived