40hz and 1hz light wont come on (update: figured it out)

You sure the leads are pushed ALL the way into to the port on top of the dd1? Also make sure youre connected to amp ground.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

to make it simple film yourself doing it you might be doing something wrong. If you are doing everything right than the DD-1 could be defective witch could be 99.99%

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Try grabbing the (-) spkr terminal instead of ground.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

well i finally got the hz lights to come on today by sticking the black clamp in the - speaker terminal on the sub amp, but the 300/4 i had to stick it in opposite terminals??? i dont understand why that would be and im not sure this is right, my gains are higher now than before when i used a dmm, spent hour trying to get this dd 1 to work lol

Ground differential.

Now take a step back.

Clear your head and come back to it.

Use -5db for your highs amp

Use -10db for your bass amp.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

well i finally got the hz lights to come on today by sticking the black clamp in the - speaker terminal on the sub amp, but the 300/4 i had to stick it in opposite terminals??? i dont understand why that would be and im not sure this is right, my gains are higher now than before when i used a dmm, spent hour trying to get this dd 1 to work lol

On many amplifiers that have 2 channels or more, one of the channels (usually the right channel) is out of phase compared to the left. The signal actually come out of the "-" terminal and the "+" terminal is ground. It is done that way so the amplifier can be bridged without pressing any buttons or switches. If you are unsure that your amp is like this, or just curious to see what I'm saying do this: Make sure the amplifier is turned off, disconnect your speaker wires. Get a voltmeter, set it to ohms and probe between the battery ground terminal and all of the speaker outputs. You will see that the Left channel "-" terminal is ground, and the right channel "+" terminal is ground! :drinks:

Not supposed to give away all the secrets Tony...