Second Skin Audio

Have you used FatMat?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used FatMat?

• Yes I have used FatMat (their base product)
    • Yes I have used FatMat Rattle Trap XXX
    • Yes I have used FatMat MegaMat
    • No
    • ... and it's still on
    • ... and it fell off
    • ... and I removed it because it was falling off
    • ... and I removed it because I wanted something better

Ok I'm conducting a poll about FatMat. Why you ask?

Just this week I've received six emails from people asking me how to remove this product from their vehicle because:

a.) It smells

b.) It melted/fell off

c.) It's starting to fall off

d.) It didn't work and they want to use something else

e.) A combination of any of the above

It seems as though one out of every ten to twelve inquires is about replacing this product.

So if you have or have not used FatMat, please select the choice above and whether or not it is still installed, fell off, or if you removed it.

By no way am I trying to discredit FatMat nor their products, I am simply trying to gather some information.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Voted. I have used their base product when I first got started into car audio because it was cheap. It is still on the floor of my truck and does not do a very good job. I had a few layers on my roof and took it down because it lost all of its stickiness and fell off during the summer heat in Florida. I now have 5 layers of Dynamat and damp pro on my roof and they are both rock solid!

I had some fatmat on my doors a while back and after a while, it would randomly have air pockets.. I then peeled it all down (which was fairly easy since it lost its stickyness) and added just 1 layer damplifier pro.. night and day difference :good:

Edited by enemyofsilence
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Team Bass-Hz

Thanks for voting everyone.

And thank you guys for the additional feedback as to where you still have it or have had it installed.

Again this is not a "Dump on FatMat" thread.

I know many many many people who still use FatMat to this day and a handful that swear by it.

usa_render4.png

I use it and it works fine for me, yes it's not the best. U would love to use something different but when that's all u have the money for then fatmat is what it is. I've hade the barn door of my Tahoe done for over two years and np. I've just done the floor and bout to do the rest of my truck in it. If you put it on rite it will last. Would love to use Better stuff but don't have the cash to spend on it!!

TEAM DC AUDIO

1999 Tahoe

HU-Clarion flip out

& Clarion EQS746

Mids/Highs Amp-MB QUART ONX4.125

Mids/Highs- Undecided

Sub Amp-DC Audio 7.5

Subs-4x DC Audio xl 18s

Alt- 270sp & 250sp Dc Power

Big 3 1/0

http://dcaudio.us/

SPL-LAB sells rep. for IOWA

http://spllabusa.proboards.com/

I used it in my last car. It only smelled for a day or two. It did help with the rattling. I only used one layer, I think if you double It would hop a lot more. I thought it did good for the price

Edited by herbykw
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I have used Fatmat Rattle Trap on numerous occasions. So far I have yet to have a car come back with it falling off the roof, and I always check when if I can. You cannot be lazy with the cheap stuff for sure, and i think my meticulous application of Rattle Trap is why it has treated me so well. Have I used the shit in my own personal car? Hell no! Lol, Second Skin for me. I got hooked when I won that door pack forever ago.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Keep the info coming! Definitely appreciating the insight from those who keep using it.

So no one has used their MegaMat?

usa_render4.png

It would be nice if you offered a better product at the same price! I have used it on 4-5 different installs as stated before results are all within the prep and application. I give the surface an alcohol wash prioIr to applying and use a good roller and bam no issues. I have since moved on to stinger expert which is only a few dollars more and the foil is thicker than SS. Is SS a good product yes! But it's always a money issue with the people who are purchasing the product and it's to hard to resale and make any money at all.

Edited by Soapbox

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising