Please... Convince me my future isn't dead..

The term empire derives from the Latin imperium (power, authority). Politically, an empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch (emperor, empress) or an oligarchy.

Oligarchy = (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία, oligarkhía[1]) is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with an elite class distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, commercial, and/or military legitimacy

yep basiclly what the US is...

Aside from the traditional usage, the term empire can be used in an extended sense to denote a large-scale business enterprise (e.g. a transnational corporation), or a political organisation of either national-, regional- or city scale, controlled either by a person (a political boss) or a group authority (political bosses)

that came out the exact wiki page u copied urs from some of what u say is rite but most of what u say is wrong no the US is not an empire but it can be called an empire if that makes any sense

The term empire derives from the Latin imperium (power, authority). Politically, an empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch (emperor, empress) or an oligarchy.

Oligarchy = (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία, oligarkhía[1]) is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with an elite class distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, commercial, and/or military legitimacy

yep basiclly what the US is...

Aside from the traditional usage, the term empire can be used in an extended sense to denote a large-scale business enterprise (e.g. a transnational corporation), or a political organisation of either national-, regional- or city scale, controlled either by a person (a political boss) or a group authority (political bosses)

that came out the exact wiki page u copied urs from some of what u say is rite but most of what u say is wrong no the US is not an empire but it can be called an empire if that makes any sense

I feel like you just agreed with me. hahaha... i chose the part of the definition that seemed to apply more to a country not a company.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

isn't china>>usa as far as superpower gose?

but the whole world is like this, tbh muslims have done alot as come into country's like AUS and try change our rules, when we say no its YOUR RACIST and we give them what they want. pff if you saw how soft all people in power are getting you would be sick, check out what our prisons are doing over here...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8375730/killers-rapists-ask-for-jelly-and-chips

i think FAR to many left wings, and people saying how sorry they are for nothing cause some minority group gets their feelings hurt so we all have change for them, there are kfc near me that wont sell bacon, like alot of other companies (macdonlads, hungry jacks/burger king) BUT they advertise with it, but some might not want it and bad for them so get rid of it all.

tryna ban Christmas cause it offends some people.

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

i wasnt agreeing with u and i wasnt disagreeing with u im saying that part of what u said is rite and part is wrong and thats not the definition

this is

Definition

An empire is a state with politico-military dominion of populations who are culturally and ethnically distinct from the imperial (ruling) ethnic group and its culture[3] — unlike a federation, an extensive state voluntarily composed of autonomous states and peoples.

What physically and politically constitutes an empire is variously defined. It might be a state effecting imperial policies, or a particular political structure.

Sometimes an empire is a semantic construction, such as when a ruler assumes the title of “Emperor”. The said ruler's nation logically becomes an “Empire”, despite having no additional territory or hegemony such as Central African Empire or the Korean Empire proclaimed in 1897 when Korea, far from gaining new territory, was on the verge of being annexed by the Empire of Japan, the last to use the name officially. Amongst the last of these empires of the 20th century were the Central African Empire, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Manchukuo, the German Empire, and Korea.

The terrestrial empire’s maritime analogue is the thalassocracy, an empire comprising islands and coasts which are accessible to its terrestrial homeland, such as the Athenian-dominated Delian League.

the US is not an empire. Bottom line

want to see the one huge characteristic you decided to skip over?

look at these pics

roman-empire.gifpersian_empire.jpg

Chinese_Empire_1025_(EW).jpg

us-map.gif

see the difference?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i wasnt agreeing with u and i wasnt disagreeing with u im saying that part of what u said is rite and part is wrong and thats not the definition

this is

Definition

An empire is a state with politico-military dominion of populations who are culturally and ethnically distinct from the imperial (ruling) ethnic group and its culture[3] — unlike a federation, an extensive state voluntarily composed of autonomous states and peoples.

What physically and politically constitutes an empire is variously defined. It might be a state effecting imperial policies, or a particular political structure.

Sometimes an empire is a semantic construction, such as when a ruler assumes the title of “Emperor”. The said ruler's nation logically becomes an “Empire”, despite having no additional territory or hegemony such as Central African Empire or the Korean Empire proclaimed in 1897 when Korea, far from gaining new territory, was on the verge of being annexed by the Empire of Japan, the last to use the name officially. Amongst the last of these empires of the 20th century were the Central African Empire, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Manchukuo, the German Empire, and Korea.

The terrestrial empire’s maritime analogue is the thalassocracy, an empire comprising islands and coasts which are accessible to its terrestrial homeland, such as the Athenian-dominated Delian League.

Well i have never posted in the Politics section before tonight. But i see why its called the "Political ARENA" hahaha. i Dont want this to get to some sort of battle about who thinks what because this could go on FOREVER, so im getting off. Im just gonna agree to disagree...

Also its 1:30am here and i have a test at 8 tomorrow morning. :/ lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

this is

Definition

Well i have never posted in the Politics section before tonight. But i see why its called the "Political ARENA" hahaha. i Dont want this to get to some sort of battle about who thinks what because this could go on FOREVER, so im getting off. Im just gonna agree to disagree...

Also its 1:30am here and i have a test at 8 tomorrow morning. :/ lol

i hope it isnt a history test...

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

look at these pics

us-map.gif

see the difference?

well it looks like you took a bunch of maps from different time periods of regions and found ones that said the word EMPIRE in them... thats what i see.

Art History... and im sure you did great on ur history tests in the past. i can see you really know your stuff.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

look at these pics

us-map.gif

see the difference?

You forgot the territories.

territoriesmap.JPG

But, what would have made more sense is saying all Republics in the past have fallen.

History does repeat itself and throughout history, we had our downs, but a war to help to pick the economy back up. The difference here, is the economy went down while fighting two wars and lowered taxes and bailouts.

The thing to look at now is everything in a nutshell. Libya, Egypt, Iran, and now Syria and a few other countries have had their people stand up to what their govts were doing. The US stood by these protestors because we do not believe in a dictatorship. Iran shuts down the internet, Egypt tries to have peaceful protests and meet resistance, etc etc and the US responds with how wrong it is. Now in the US, we have people protesting (which 90% of the people have no clue why OWS are even there..sadly), and our govt steps in and shuts it down, makes hundreds of arrests and what has come out of this? The media is reporting how the thousands upon thousands of people in these are wrong and find a very small amount who may have done something illegal and exploit it to the whole group. Now out of no where and not even being discussed is the Congress passing a law to sensor the internet (think Iran). All these websites about OWS would be shut down. Only difference between this and other countries is firing live bullets into the crowds.

I hope some of you are right and it's just another bump in the road in the history of the US. If greed doesn't leave our govt, will it be just another bump in the road?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived