PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

The toolmaker terminals have a lot more beef to them, thicker sidewalls which results in thicker threaded walls for the set screw.

The last 4/0 to 1/0 reducers my buddy got from them (after they stopped selling toolmaker) was a night and day difference. 4 of the new blocks didnt even equal the weight of 1 of the old toolmaker blocks.

3 of them stripped out with little force on them just trying to actually make the wire fit tight.

These things are so thin walled its not even funny.

14 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Also there are how many types of alloys, each one is good for something different than the other which will also vary in price.

Which Im sure you are aware of being a machinist and all.

The toolmaker ones are also cheaper priced and close to double the wall thickness!

I get my shit from Jimsmachineworx. Good stuff as well.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

On 1/24/2017 at 8:03 PM, audiofanaticz said:

The toolmaker terminals have a lot more beef to them, thicker sidewalls which results in thicker threaded walls for the set screw.

The last 4/0 to 1/0 reducers my buddy got from them (after they stopped selling toolmaker) was a night and day difference. 4 of the new blocks didnt even equal the weight of 1 of the old toolmaker blocks.

3 of them stripped out with little force on them just trying to actually make the wire fit tight.

These things are so thin walled its not even funny.

Well said. Looks aren't everything. Kinda sucks tho because both brands look alike/similar do the same exact thing and prob diff pricing for each.

In this case, Toolmaker wins, because most of the time you get what you pay for.

I have designed my own battery terminals. Not sure when the 1st prototype will happen but gonna attempt to make it at home. I have my own mill machine. It's unlike anything on the market right now.

2 hours ago, Leepersc said:

Indeed!  Check out the bottom of this page. Straight from the horses mouth!  Revealing!!   

https://www.gmdu.net/corp-892880.html

I knew that years ago already, and asked him about it and he replied saying "his wire is fine though"
 from them. I have a screenshot of the convo.

53 minutes ago, boomintahoe said:

Well said. Looks aren't everything. Kinda sucks tho because both brands look alike/similar do the same exact thing and prob diff pricing for each.

In this case, Toolmaker wins, because most of the time you get what you pay for.

I have designed my own battery terminals. Not sure when the 1st prototype will happen but gonna attempt to make it at home. I have my own mill machine. It's unlike anything on the market right now.

Well toolmakers are also cheaper priced when you compare prices that the customer would pay.

However Im sure his cost on toolmaker terminals cost him more at his price so he found another manufacture that was willing to make similar product but made cheaper.

You can tell the sidewall thickness just by going and looking at 4/0 to 1/0 reducers of both companies, and Im sure any other size for that matter.

SMD_DD_1_Plus_CC_1.jpg

knukonceptz-flex-0awg-ofc-1.jpg

knukonceptz-flex-0awg-ofc-21lbs.jpg

skyhighcaraudio.jpg

Free SkyHighCarAudio Lanyard FTW. I always appreciate little freebies thrown into my purchases. I will definitely shop from them again. My only concern are the 0 AWG to 4 AWG reducers... they feel a bit flimsy and I heard they strip easy. What's the warranty on these?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

2 years ago CT Sounds had nothing but issues with Man & Tech INC due to amplifiers being built cheaply and stopped ordering product from them.

It became such an issue that the build house started selling CT Sounds product all over Facebook without CT Sounds consent and behind their back.

Everyone hated on the CT Sounds for being screwed over by the build house and believed the china man over the company.

Now for the last year'ish people have been having nothing but problems with Sky Highs wire and various other products (myself included).

Two different vehicles I had used their OFC and CCA wires on both having similar issues.
Same issues everyone else is having with corroded wiring. People getting wire brand new that is corroded never used, and being told user/installer error every time.
How is wire that is brand new user/installer error?

Maybe he got a bad shipment of wire, maybe he told the build house to make the cost cheaper by using other alloys mixed in the wire besides copper on ofc, and aluminum on cca.

Who really knows, but judging from the past track record with said build house and said contact of build house, and how low they will stoop I would not trust the mass majority of product coming out of there!

1.png

2.png

22 minutes ago, moh.vze.com said:

skyhighcaraudio.jpg

Free SkyHighCarAudio Lanyard FTW. I always appreciate little freebies thrown into my purchases. I will definitely shop from them again. My only concern are the 0 AWG to 4 AWG reducers... they feel a bit flimsy and I heard they strip easy. What's the warranty on these?

Your warranty is you will be told you installed them wrong and that is why they failed, not because they are cheap thin and flimsy (like I said days ago).

But hey at least you got a lanyard, that totally makes up for it... Right!!

I tell people the truth about the products so they dont get taken for a ride and have to deal with the same crap I put up with.

If you choose to ignore thats on you, but just remember I have nothing to gain by telling you to use a different brand.
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

PS: I like your Team Liquid chair. LOL

Archived