Purplehaze Posted November 22, 2011 Report Posted November 22, 2011 Why tune so high? Are you going strictly for numbers? Cause at 40hz tuning you will lose a lot of the lows, which may affect the sound of your music depending on what you listen too. You can forget all about any C & S, but the rock w still sound okay. My factory Kicker enclosure was tuned @40hz w an areo-port, and I didn't really care too much for the sound of it. But it did get loud on the higher tones... IMHO if you just want to get better numbers AND still sound good, I'd try the 35hz tuning, with the proper dimensions. I'll see what I can whip up for ya with Torres, just so you will have something else to think about. The subs up port up is a good idea EDIT So how about this? Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
DJTucker Posted November 27, 2011 Report Posted November 27, 2011 This is an enclosure that I built for my Ford Explorer: ... (2) 15" Kicker L5s - Amp: SoundStorm EVO5000 I'm metering 148.1db on music - SB1 Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4-Dr Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9852 Front Stage: Kicker DS6.5s w/ (4) Power Acoustik NB.4s - Rear Stage: (4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s Sub Stage: (2) 12" Lanzar OptiDrive 1232s - Custom Ported Enclosure: 6.81cuft Tuned @ 32Hz Sub Amp: (1) Kicker KX2500.1D - Highs Amp: AutoTek AT-1200.4 Processors: Clarion EQ-746 & Clarion MCD-360 Wiring: Install Bay 1/0 Gauge ( Including Big 3 Upgrade ) Batteries: (3) EverStart Maxx's ( 750 CCA ) 1 In Front & 2 In Back DJ's Audio Installation
DJTucker Posted November 27, 2011 Report Posted November 27, 2011 Other words... Change your enclosure... Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4-Dr Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9852 Front Stage: Kicker DS6.5s w/ (4) Power Acoustik NB.4s - Rear Stage: (4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s Sub Stage: (2) 12" Lanzar OptiDrive 1232s - Custom Ported Enclosure: 6.81cuft Tuned @ 32Hz Sub Amp: (1) Kicker KX2500.1D - Highs Amp: AutoTek AT-1200.4 Processors: Clarion EQ-746 & Clarion MCD-360 Wiring: Install Bay 1/0 Gauge ( Including Big 3 Upgrade ) Batteries: (3) EverStart Maxx's ( 750 CCA ) 1 In Front & 2 In Back DJ's Audio Installation
elastic Posted December 5, 2011 Author Report Posted December 5, 2011 edit: answered. my 15 L7 build my youtube channel with lots of L7 videos
lilboom Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 hmm well whats your voltage at do you have a voltmeter? What oahm you running the subs @ id try to wall those babies if your going to change the box ,but to sacrifce your rear window. the big 3 if you have not try changing the box position /give the port more room inverting the subs might gain u db's (may require box modifications ) after all the changes whos to say that you may not want to go louder . you could sell you setup or add to it 2 more subs=still a chance to add another amp if your electrical system is up to it . SuperBass check out⊂ http://www.youtube.com/Bassknots 129.3 meca 136.8 db drag (60 hz peak) http://bassknotsstereo.blogspot.com/ comment/subscribe and stay tuned ,working on 150 db http://www.stevemead...r/page__st__380
elastic Posted December 22, 2011 Author Report Posted December 22, 2011 hi i finally have time to build a new enclosure subs up, port up. the enclosure will have same outer dimensions as the old one. so what do you think about this? probably i dont need extra internal bracing as the port is pretty deep and ill be doing double layer of mdf on the sub side. will look like that: P.S. Torres calculator says a 36 hz tuning when i want to make the port 32" deep. its a bug? i cant tune lower than 33 hz. my 15 L7 build my youtube channel with lots of L7 videos
dangercdv Posted June 26, 2013 Report Posted June 26, 2013 I would like to build a enclosure in a ford explorer also, May I ask the length of your box?I am going to build a rectangular box, with 2 15s, aero port tuned to 32-34hz. (7 cubes after displacement) Sa15s if you were wondering. Anyway, How long is your box? or how long of a box can I slide in?
dangercdv Posted June 26, 2013 Report Posted June 26, 2013 This is an enclosure that I built for my Ford Explorer: ... (2) 15" Kicker L5s - Amp: SoundStorm EVO5000 I would like to build a enclosure in a ford explorer also, May I ask the length of your box? I am going to build a rectangular box, with 2 15s, aero port tuned to 32-34hz. (7 cubes after displacement) Sa15s if you were wondering. Anyway, How long is your box? or how long of a box can I slide in?
john253a Posted June 26, 2013 Report Posted June 26, 2013 Start a new thread don't bump a 2year old thread And buy a tape measure, it's the least you can do for some free help
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.