Sundown Audio

just doesnt make sense

mbdblue

The amp is turning on (green LED) so it should be getting power. The plugs may add some resistance but you should still get "some" output.

Do you have a DMM (multimeter)?

If so, probe the RCA's (Vac) to double verify that there is signal going to the amp.

Then (with the RCA's and all plugs connected) probe at the speaker plug and see if there is any signal there (Vac).

You might be able to tell if the signal is getting through the amp or whether its a headunit or speaker issue...

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

The amp is turning on (green LED) so it should be getting power. The plugs may add some resistance but you should still get "some" output.

Do you have a DMM (multimeter)?

If so, probe the RCA's (Vac) to double verify that there is signal going to the amp.

Then (with the RCA's and all plugs connected) probe at the speaker plug and see if there is any signal there (Vac).

You might be able to tell if the signal is getting through the amp or whether its a headunit or speaker issue...

the green LED is not lit. the red LED flashes once and turns off. There isn't a problem in the RCAs or head since all these are working just fine with the other amp. I have to probe the power connections from the board side to make sure the connection is being made.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Make sure that the blade fuse is getting good contact with the connections on the board, i've had that happend before with my soundstream picasso.imag0531c.th.jpg

Edited by corrie32

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Ahh got it.

I can't find anything in the PPI Art manual about the red LED turning off while the unit is powered.

How was the shipping box when you got it?

I bought an A300 from eBay a few months ago. The seller strongly claims that it worked fine when shipped.

I received the box with a nice big gouge in the side. Thanks USPS... :angry2:

When I turn the remote on, I get nothing but red solid LED (won't turn on).

I can't find anything visible inside the amp so I think it got banged around in shipping and something inside was jarred...

Soo it might be damaged.?

Any chance you're a member of the DIYmobileaudio forum? There's a few PPI experts on there that might know.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I have some arts.

I can power them up to see what light does what.

Pretty sure its green when on but ill double check.

Can always ship it to me and i can take a look for ya

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ahh got it.

I can't find anything in the PPI Art manual about the red LED turning off while the unit is powered.

How was the shipping box when you got it?

I bought an A300 from eBay a few months ago. The seller strongly claims that it worked fine when shipped.

I received the box with a nice big gouge in the side. Thanks USPS... :angry2:

When I turn the remote on, I get nothing but red solid LED (won't turn on).

I can't find anything visible inside the amp so I think it got banged around in shipping and something inside was jarred...

Soo it might be damaged.?

Any chance you're a member of the DIYmobileaudio forum? There's a few PPI experts on there that might know.

nah man not a member on there. this is the second time I sent one of these amps to ZED and have them tell me its fine haha. First time I let one of my friends install the inline fuse and he didn't crank down on the terminals so the amp kept shutting off.

I have some arts.

I can power them up to see what light does what.

Pretty sure its green when on but ill double check.

Can always ship it to me and i can take a look for ya

Thanks a lot for the offer Ray but I got it figured out now!

Its been raining the past couple days here and I wasn't able to test out the amp, so I took the time to clean out all the plugs and just look at the amps internals and how those plugs fit on. Some of them had what looked like grease or something and I wasn't taking any chances so I cleaned them up.

Finally got outside after work today and tested the power lines from inside the amp and they were fine, so I plugged in the remote and it fired up. Working just fine now; don't really know exactly what it was but its working again. thanks everyone for your input! :good:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

interestingly enough, this morning it became an unsolved mystery again. I went to throw the amp back in my car (thinking it was all better) and got the same problem....it was a very quiet ride an hour to, and an hour from work today <_<

So I decided to do some poking around (literally). I thought it was the plugs, but with the help of my friend/roommate who is studying electrical engineering, we took the board out and hooked it up to a power supply. He ended up finding a cold solder leg at Q65 (MOSFET), whenever you touched that one connector, the LED blinked. So he went ahead and repaired it. Now the LED turns on everytime. :drinks:

Kind of interesting that we were able to figure this out and I paid 70 bucks to try and get it fixed...should I ask for my money back? :shrug:

is that blob before or after the fix....?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.