Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

After reading a bunch of bad, and good reviews, i have decided to just use it on the floor of my car. Everyone who has put it on their roofs, or doors have had problems, but with it on their floor, it has been ok. Right now i dont have much audio in my car, and my main goal at this point is to try and kill road noise coming in from my car. It was hella loud, and then got even more loud once i dropped it. Then once i start building my audios, my floors will already be deadened, and i will just need to do my roof, and doors. Anyway, what is it called? i searched teh website for peel and seal, and peel and patch. I even asked the guys at the depot, and they failed me as well. Although i told them it should be in the heat/air duct section, not the roofing section, which i later found out that is where it would be. Any help fellas?

Posted

home depot blows ass...when i asked them they were absolutely clueless as to what i was talking about. i went to lowes and they knew right away...i think it might be in the roofing section...i cant really remember though

and yea, its called pean-n-seal...my buddy seamed to like it pretty good...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Posted
home depot blows ass...when i asked them they were absolutely clueless as to what i was talking about. i went to lowes and they knew right away...i think it might be in the roofing section...i cant really remember though

and yea, its called pean-n-seal...my buddy seamed to like it pretty good...

Haha, I work at Home depot and Im sure they were clue less because that isnt a product they have. Thats something only Lowes has :)

Posted

ditto only lowes has peal n seal. but a roofing manufacture where i live carries the LARGE rools of peal n seal. which is around 88 dollars. and it could cover a whole car. i used 2 rolls in my old escalade. had everything but the doors done and had left overs. thats even having 6 layers in some spots of the roof. so for $180 u can do a whole massive suv no problem. better look at roofing places

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png
Posted

i just searched HD site for like 10 minutes....the only kind of roof flashing they had were vinyl...dont thing they have any self sticking aluminum kinds...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Posted
Doesn't HD have an equivalent?

Not really, I mean people here have said they used gutter tape, but this is probably the closest to peal n seal - pertectowrap.jpg

But its alot thinner and rolls arnt that wide, I wouldnt recommend it.

Posted (edited)
I used Peal & Seal on the trunk of my Altima and it worked great. No smell at all. It sticks well. It was like $13 for a roll.

hmmm....after I made a post about Peal n Seal (http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11401) I wasnt sure about using it. But today I took a look in my spare tire area and noticed how damn thin and the hollow-like noise it makes. I might just pick some up, It's better than nothing...should be fine on the floor. I mean a roll 36" x 33.5ft is only $79.83 :) where im at.

So it didnt smell at all? Thats what I was worried about.

Edited by w87will

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1487 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...