Sonic Electronix

What Is The Cheap Deadener From Home Depot Called?

After reading a bunch of bad, and good reviews, i have decided to just use it on the floor of my car. Everyone who has put it on their roofs, or doors have had problems, but with it on their floor, it has been ok. Right now i dont have much audio in my car, and my main goal at this point is to try and kill road noise coming in from my car. It was hella loud, and then got even more loud once i dropped it. Then once i start building my audios, my floors will already be deadened, and i will just need to do my roof, and doors. Anyway, what is it called? i searched teh website for peel and seal, and peel and patch. I even asked the guys at the depot, and they failed me as well. Although i told them it should be in the heat/air duct section, not the roofing section, which i later found out that is where it would be. Any help fellas?

home depot blows ass...when i asked them they were absolutely clueless as to what i was talking about. i went to lowes and they knew right away...i think it might be in the roofing section...i cant really remember though

and yea, its called pean-n-seal...my buddy seamed to like it pretty good...

i likes me some audio stuff...

home depot blows ass...when i asked them they were absolutely clueless as to what i was talking about. i went to lowes and they knew right away...i think it might be in the roofing section...i cant really remember though

and yea, its called pean-n-seal...my buddy seamed to like it pretty good...

Haha, I work at Home depot and Im sure they were clue less because that isnt a product they have. Thats something only Lowes has :)

ditto only lowes has peal n seal. but a roofing manufacture where i live carries the LARGE rools of peal n seal. which is around 88 dollars. and it could cover a whole car. i used 2 rolls in my old escalade. had everything but the doors done and had left overs. thats even having 6 layers in some spots of the roof. so for $180 u can do a whole massive suv no problem. better look at roofing places

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Haha, I work at Home depot and Im sure they were clue less because that isnt a product they have. Thats something only Lowes has :)

lol...guess that explains then..

and iirc, i think he paid like $15 for one of the smaller rolls...could be more...

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none

095959062513.jpg

i likes me some audio stuff...

I used Peal & Seal on the trunk of my Altima and it worked great. No smell at all. It sticks well. It was like $13 for a roll.

hmmm....after I made a post about Peal n Seal (http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11401) I wasnt sure about using it. But today I took a look in my spare tire area and noticed how damn thin and the hollow-like noise it makes. I might just pick some up, It's better than nothing...should be fine on the floor. I mean a roll 36" x 33.5ft is only $79.83 :) where im at.

So it didnt smell at all? Thats what I was worried about.

Edited by w87will