Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, so I was curious, what's the worst that will happen if i run a lower gauge wire both speaker wire, ground, power ect. Couldn't tell you the exact gauge it's a cheap pack from wal-mart my friends letting me use for now. I'd buy the wire i need but moms gettin a lil mad saying she won't be able to get me anything for x mas :P So im thinkin about just running my friends wire but it's a pretty low gauge, if i push it to hard will it damage the sub? Or will the wires just burn up. Thanks for any input :P

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

What kinda power are we talking about and what gauge wire?

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Lol, alright well i can replace the wires no problem, hell i could even buy the better wires but gotta leave something for my mom before she kills me. Thanks gys, so it woulldn't do anything to the sub correct? Or amp

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

No it wont. Unless your running like 10,000 watts lol

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Is this set like the other cheap ones I've seen where the ground wire is smaller than the power wire?

(^now that belongs in the BS thread..)

I don't know why people say Walmart wire sucks its actually pretty good for your normal system. Id run it if I was on a tight budget the 6 gauge scoche wire.

amp kits at walmart suck because its cheap shit. the 8 gauge there is like 10 gauge and the 4 gauge is like 6/8 gauge, etc etc.