Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Have you checked the impedance of the crossovers? I mean, do they give a 2.whatever ohm load to the amp or do they actually give a 4 ohm load to the amp? POLK and their Crazy impedances.... 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 when the mid and tweeter is hooked up, the output is 2.7 ohm Google it
zxsonnyxz Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Op, not to be mean but your drawings are priceless! I might come back tomorrow with something usefull to say.. Good night STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 Op, not to be mean but your drawings are priceless! I might come back tomorrow with something usefull to say.. Good night LOL I take requests Google it
StatingROBIN Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 This is the best way i have found to wire them. They will give you a 2.4 (or 2.7 with the crossover) ohm load and they will all be in phase.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 What is this sorcery? Is that an app? Google it
StatingROBIN Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 What is this sorcery? Is that an app? Yes, its an ipod/iphone app. Just search for kicker and its a black and yellow U
StatingROBIN Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kicker-u/id418548755?mt=8
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 This is the best way i have found to wire them. They will give you a 2.4 (or 2.7 with the crossover) ohm load and they will all be in phase. Yep- Series Parallel. Should be the same difference as my 2nd grade sketch, Parallel Series. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
zxsonnyxz Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Op, not to be mean but your drawings are priceless!I might come back tomorrow with something usefull to say.. Good nightLOL I take requests I see you allready did one for Polk This is the best way i have found to wire them. They will give you a 2.4 (or 2.7 with the crossover) ohm load and they will all be in phase. Yep- Series Parallel. Should be the same difference as my 2nd grade sketch, Parallel Series. But can stock crossovers handle the same potential power increace as 4 vs 1 driver will? There shouldn't be phase issues like this^^^, other than having them at different distances from your ear. I don't think that's a problem for you though.. And what are all of these speakerd being used for/in? STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.