Second Skin Audio

If You Want Enclosure Plans Then Here Ya Go!

andym85

defqon

i think you were unhappy with your last box because that box is tuned at around 50hz

Posted Image

Posted Image

lao1gr

Posted Image

Posted Image

sostl314

Posted Image

Posted Image

humboldtknock

make sure you have enough room with the hole cut out b/c i dont think u will...and honestly, after looking at their specs, i would run this sub sealed

Posted Image

Posted Image

bird

Posted Image

Posted Image

crazyforhertz

what size subs?

i likes me some audio stuff...

alright i want some plans to thinking of building a ported box because i think it would be easyer to get the speakers in and out of insted of the plans i have already. it is for 3 solo x 18s and i will be running 3 autotek 4000.1 i want something that i can compete in spl and be used for a daily driver

any help is greatly needed

here are my dimentions

Posted Image

this is what pete came up with(4th order)

Posted Image

to fit in here

Posted Image

defqon

i think you were unhappy with your last box because that box is tuned at around 50hz

Posted Image

Posted Image

lao1gr

Posted Image

Posted Image

sostl314

Posted Image

Posted Image

humboldtknock

make sure you have enough room with the hole cut out b/c i dont think u will...and honestly, after looking at their specs, i would run this sub sealed

Posted Image

Posted Image

bird

Posted Image

Posted Image

crazyforhertz

what size subs?

Thanks a bunch man! Just what I need, keep up the good work. I'm trying to learn that sketchup now myself, i like what it can do. How do you do it so fast?

thanks, very good job

03 chevy impala lshu: JVC kw-nx7000comp: pg rsd 65cscomp amp: RF punch 500xwiring: 1/0 knukonceptz and 4 gauge Tsunamisub: 2 12" D1 Sundown Nightshadessub box: still need 1sub amp: 2x Aq 2200dsbattery: (front)Duralast Gold;(back) 2x Deka Intimidator g31electrical: big 3 in 1/0 gauge knu flexsecurity: Clifford Matrix 50.5x

amatt Thanks man :) I do have a couple of questions tho. On the port calculations I can achieve the same tuning hz by having less area and a shorter port. Whats the advantage or disadvantage of this. And is the port length measured to the top of the outside of the box? I do plan on having a double layer 1.5" thick top plate. Does this mean that my first port lentgh needs to be .75" longer..? What is the end correction spec? And on the subs specs you think that the sub would work better sealed..? Is this because of my limited size or is this because of the specs period? I've seen these subs on youtube with 2.5c.f. and they look like they absolutly slammmmm. As far as making the box wider your right I will need to make it at least 13.25 wide and more like 13.5. Thanks again for all your help. :excl:

smaller port=more turbulance=port noise....general rule of thumb is 12-16sq" of port area/cubic foot of box.

the port is measured straigt down the middle of the port like in the pic below (this is not a pic of your port...just an example)

Posted Image

just take .75" of the length of wood for L2, so instead of 5.875 make it 5.125"...or u could just leave it, probably wont make that much of a difference

end correction is half of the ports width, in your case 1.125"....this is added on to the port length variable in the tuning calculation, but you can ignore it really...

there are two reasons i think u should go sealed. 1) the manufacture only has plans for sealed boxes on their site 2) the qts of that sub is like .52 if i remember correctly....and with that high of a qts, it means it should perform better in sealed enclosures.

i likes me some audio stuff...

I made a box on the RE audio box builder program and came up with this.

Width 30"

Height 18"

depth 17"

port width 3"

port length 22.5

tuning freq 36.1hz

does this come up the same on your calculator? Or is this a bad sized box for my sub?

earthquake dbxi-15D 15" sub.

With school and work I haven't had time to sit down and design a box for my Q that is coming... wanna see what you can do? :)

Car: Grand Prix (trunk car)

Sub: 15" Q Dual 2ohm - gonna throw 1200wrms at it.

Dimensions: here is a photo posted earlier of what fits in the trunk

Posted Image

if I get time to do it I'll post back, but then again it's always fun seeing what someone else comes up with and comparing =) thanks bro.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived