99 Jeep Cherokee. 4 15's in a C pillar wall

How do you like the headunit? Any complaints? Looks clean, man.

Thanks man. And as for the headunit, I don't have any complaints on it. Its been working great for me so far.

I had a jeep like this and the rockers were 100% gone. I did a lil spray foam the fiberglassed over that. Bedline to top it off and she was golden

Hmm...I like the idea, but I've never done any fiberglassing before... it sounds a whole lot easier than cutting out the old rocker and welding in a new one tho... I'll think about doing that.

I didn't have anything planned today so I figured I'd take my side moldings off. Here are a few pics

This was what I started with

IMAG0175.jpg

This was what it looks like under the molding

IMAG0176.jpg

And heres how it turned out

IMAG0178.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't get to get it completely finished because a circuit blew causing all the lights and outlets to not work anymore, and the door to the electrical room was locked since it was a weekend so I couldn't go and reset the circuit breaker. So right now it looks really nice from far away, but when you get up close there is still a little bit of glue left on.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

IMAG0182.jpgwe got 6-8 inches of snow yesterday, so I had a little fun with what was left over :) Me and a couple friends got together and did some donuts

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

• 1 month later...

I installed my Kicker ZX350.4 a while back but never got around to updating this.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x613.

IMAG0185.jpg

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x613.

IMAG0186.jpg

It pushes about 75 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 ohms. It powers my 4 polk DXI650s. The difference in clarity and volume is insane. I've got the gains set well below half and it is still plenty loud. Best $150 spent on the Jeep so far IMO.

My next goal for the Jeep is to paint the bumpers. When I bought the Jeep the bumpers were all scratched up in the back and the front had tons of paint chips.

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

I'm going to paint them both black. Later on once I get my passenger rocker panel installed I'll bedline the rockers black.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Looks good man.. what door speakers did you upgrade too? I got 61/2 for my back speakers and they didn't fit.. 03 grand cherroke

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

nice work, i'm jelous that your fender flairs arent all faded like mine, i need to pull them off and get some plastic primer and paint

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Looks good man.. what door speakers did you upgrade too? I got 61/2 for my back speakers and they didn't fit.. 03 grand cherroke

They are Polk DXI 650s. I'm not sure what size speakers will fit in a Grand Cherokee, but I'm sure if you google it you it'll come up pretty easy. As for me, Cherokees are made to support 6.5s up front and 5.25s in the back if I remember correctly, but I just drilled new holes into the soundbar and after that they fit fine. Not sure about your GC...

nice work, i'm jelous that your fender flairs arent all faded like mine, i need to pull them off and get some plastic primer and paint

They look pretty good from a distance, but once you get near and look at the rear flares they are starting to chip away at the bottoms. The red paint is chipping away from getting hit with rocks and gravel and stuff. Its taken all the red paint off down to the black and looks pretty bad. I plan on bed-lining them black when I get my rockers bed-lined.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on fixing my rocker panel and rear quarter panel lately and I finally finished today. My rocker panel was really bad, and while I was working on it I decided I might as well fix the quarter panel while I was at it. Heres a picture of what it looked like before

SL270484.jpg

So you can obviously see the huge hole in the rocker with all the rust, but theres also a rust spot above the rear fender flare thats kinda hard to see. It wasn't a really bad rust spot, but I decided I'd knock it out while I was doing all the painting at the same time.

Heres how it turned out

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

I broke the bracket when I was taking the fender flare off and it hasn't came in yet so thats why I had to leave it exposed. The bracket should come in soon so as soon as I get it I'll put the fender flare back on.

And me and my dad are going on a two day fishing trip tomorrow so I'll get some pictures of that. It'll be my first time offroading in the XJ so it'll be a good opportunity to test her limits.

IMAG0199.jpg

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

this looks better every time I check back in on it...keep it coming...

just throwing it out there..you might want to RhinoLine the bumbers...its an option..

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived