alternator wiring help

On black friday i decided i would do the big 3 since i had the stuff to do so. i have a 2000 caravan with the 3.3l v6, yeah i know it isnt that great of a vehicle but it has 184,xxx miles and no major problems ever, and it has a 90 amp stock alternator. i first ran the wire from the alternator to the battery which was 0g and i then checked to see if it would still start. it would not even after i unhooked it from the battery. so i completely removed it and it started right up fine with no problems. what i wanna know is what was i doing wrong or what is causing this. I am running a small system and am getting dimming. 2 pioneer ts-w304c, pioneer deh- 23ub, and a sony xplod amp. I know it is a cheap system but i am fine and it hits really good. i have 4g wire ran to the amp and ground right now.

My guess is maybe you just weren't getting a connection. Your doing it right but F'ing up somewhere. Was thinking u might wanna recheck your connections and see if it is fitting inside the "black boot" correctly.

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

Thank you kranny

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

just a by the way, i dont know if you did this or not, but you're supposed to keep the stock alt charge wire on there. you just ADD wires, you dont REPLACE them.

I've read that is what you are supposed to do... but what happens if you don't? It's a thicker wire so it should work fine shouldn't it?

just a by the way, i dont know if you did this or not, but you're supposed to keep the stock alt charge wire on there. you just ADD wires, you dont REPLACE them.

I've read that is what you are supposed to do... but what happens if you don't? It's a thicker wire so it should work fine shouldn't it?

well electricity works by taking the path of least resistance. what if your piece of 1/0 has slightly more resistance than the stock charging wire? im not saying its going to be likely, but you never know. its just what has been taught, as well as what the big 3 guide says in the electrical section.

well electricity works by taking the path of least resistance. what if your piece of 1/0 has slightly more resistance than the stock charging wire? im not saying its going to be likely, but you never know. its just what has been taught, as well as what the big 3 guide says in the electrical section.

Also that wire often splits and goes into some sort of ECU or PCM and if that doesn't get power you have problems.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts