Sonic Electronix

a ground run might ease the drop

hell i drop in the 12's with 1000wrms and 2 batterys with big 3 in 0guage

do u have 1 run of 0guage going from front to back?

maby a second run of + and a run of neg might help it a bit

most 0guage is rated @ 300amps but if alt aint supplying and your pulling more current then theres not much u can do, what is your batteries resting voltage after beating on the system?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

most 0guage is rated @ 300amps but if alt aint supplying and your pulling more current then theres not much u can do, what is your batteries resting voltage after beating on the system?

Dropping to 12's with 1000w? Uhhhh

you should do 2 runs of 1/0 just due to the fact depending on how long the run is you might not be getting 270 like you should. The rating on 1/0 (250-300amps) is the amount before it can start to melt and heat up really fast, that's what fuses are for. Do a second run of 1/0 and see how it goes, if you still get a big drop add another battery.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

Maximum amps for power transmission 1/0 150

i think your being misled, this is for ac voltage, dc voltage is much different

0guage in home wire is different from 0guage in car wire, most is aluminum, or copper coated aluminum like what is on light poles, when it means power transfer it goes by light pole to home, thats why they put 4/0 to power a home with, 200amp main with 302amp peak wire gives u some room to compensate with surges and what knot

that is a different formula than what we use, this goes by air convection and heat resistance because with ac current u have alot more resistance at higher voltages so u get alot of heat and what knot, if u take a 220v drop cord and roll it up and plug it up to something, then use it for a while u can feel the heat it puts off

hope this makes sence

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

Dropping to 12's with 1000w? Uhhhh

ya, i dunno why, i got 2 500wrms 10's wire to 1ohm on a memphis pr1000.1, has 4 30amp fuses with only a 70amp alt, duralast gold 950amp front battery, stinger sp800 rear battery (soon to get a c&d from ram to replace it with) and i get hella voltage drop

what brand/type of wire are you using, another run would help ,more batteries would help too, but your gonna have drop until you meet your power demand, which means you'll need another alt. any time your pulling more amps then your making your gonna have drop, no matter how much wire or batteries you have.

Edited by Bmike

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I've got experience being dinged for quoting this spec:

http://www.powerstre...m/Wire_Size.htm

Maximum amps for power transmission 1/0 150

These numbers are for "power transmission" in a home environment which relies on AWG and NEC rules which are VERY conservative because you're dealing with house fires if overloaded.

"Power transmission" basically means an RMS continuous current for an extended amount of time.

If you ran 150A through 0 gauge cable for an hour, it would get warm.

Car amplifiers are fed off of DC voltage, but they do draw current mostly in pulses, unless you're playing a LOT of test tones. Since the current is pulsed DC, you can stretch that rating quite a bit.

Since the wiring is in a car, there are outside air cooling abilities which aren't available if the wire was used similarly in a house wall that's insulated.

The lead acid Duralast/marine batteries may be affecting the system too. Wet batteries hold a TON of charge but they can't release it as fast as an AGM battery (XS Power). Wet batteries will also have higher series resistances which will add to the drop.

As stated previously, more wire runs and maybe adding or switching to AGM batteries should help.

Bigger/more alternators would also help so you're not so reliant on batteries.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png