Car died, wont start. Help =(

Ok, 1st thing is a bad starter wont shut the car off when running. So what would make a car shut off,then hard to turn the engine over? Thats easy, there are only a couple of things that can do that if only 1 part caused it. So 1st thing is take the surpentine belt off then try and crank the engine,if it cranks freely then you have some pulley seized, spin each pulley( alt , ps , ac compressor ect...) If it still doesnt crank freely then it could be a crank sensor, the crank sensor could poss shut the car off and make the engine crank slow and hard just like the timing would be too far advanced.The next thing is if the timing chain jumped, not likely but not impossible.Worst case is for some reason the engine seized,again not likely but impossible.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

Edit....when you say the starter stops like it's in a bind.....does it continue to click or is it totally quiet? Is your car an auto or manual?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Maby check if a plug wire came loose.?

Was u playing your system while this happened.?

Hope u get it fixed

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I have a feeling its the timing chain. Going to pull the cover tomorrow. If thats not it, it has to be in the wiring somewhere, probably a ground or something grounding out. I'll report back tomorrow. Thank you for all the suggestions so far guys, its been 8 hours without a car and it is such a terrible feeling.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Yeah good possibility you spun a bearing on the crank. I've seen it do the same thing. By the motor just stopping and it having a hard time turning over I would definitely think mechanical.

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

Its gotta be something mechanical the more I think about how everything played out. I would hope its not a spun bearing or anything that would require major work since I was only at about 1500-2000 rpms but it wouldn't be the first time I've had bad luck.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Archived