Mechman Alternators

The 400a unit is designed for SPL competition as a secondary unit, primarily for use above 1500rpm engine speed.

Idle output is not an issue with this unit as we do not intend this to be used in a single-alternator application. This unit is a secondary that the OP intends to use in charging a battery bank separate from the existing electronics.

Sorry about the box mixup, but yes, that is the 400a unit that you purchased from me.

Exactly what mechman said I don't need and idle amps cause thus will be charging a separate battery bank at 18v my stock alt is more than sufficient to support my stock electronics and 2 100.4s at 12v

Cj you need to stop posting just for a reason to bash mechman

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Exactly what mechman said I don't need and idle amps cause thus will be charging a separate battery bank at 18v my stock alt is more than sufficient to support my stock electronics and 2 100.4s at 12v

I am in no way bashing mechmans products and never have. That is another time and place. I simply stated the fact that this unit only does 40a at idle. If you are using this as a secondary alt to charge your 16v batteries, is this going to be a burp only setup where you always have the RPMs run up?

Mechman came in and stated that this is a SPL unit built to be run at RPMs 1500 or higher and I understand that but it just would not suit my purposes. I like to be able to get out of the truck while it is playing or at least not have to worry about keeping my foot on the gas while demoing.

Now a 400a unit that does 240+ at idle would definitely interest me.

If you want to jump my case for bashing something, make sure that is what I am actually doing before you open your mouth.

So it truly only does 40 at idle?

Have you read the thread?

And op that's beast. Can't believe the amount of amperage output that thing has. I can't wait to finally have enough money for a ho alt. I might hit up Mechman since he is a very respected seller on this forum.

Let's see it installed!

We have several people running one of our 270a units for their 12v and one of the 400a for the 16v, it's a great setup and with the isolated sub batteries you never get any dimming or drop to the side running your vehicle.

#

I am in no way bashing mechmans products and never have. That is another time and place. I simply stated the fact that this unit only does 40a at idle. If you are using this as a secondary alt to charge your 16v batteries, is this going to be a burp only setup where you always have the RPMs run up?

Mechman came in and stated that this is a SPL unit built to be run at RPMs 1500 or higher and I understand that but it just would not suit my purposes. I like to be able to get out of the truck while it is playing or at least not have to worry about keeping my foot on the gas while demoing.

If you want to jump my case for bashing something, make sure that is what I am actually doing before you open your mouth.

its not a burp only vehicle but i dont ever plan on being out of the vehicle while its playing and i def wouldnt on full tilt i might get out on moderate volume but having 10 batteries is sufficient enough to support that for short periods

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Easy fix for that .."a throttle locker " http://www.truckntow.com/p-11450-venier-hd-adjustable-throttle-locking-control-cables.aspx