Second Skin Audio

box for 20 10's

larrys95civic

As the title states I'm doing a work sponsored demo vehicle, it's a 2003 ford explorer and we want to keep the second row seating and wall behind the c pillar. Since this is my daily driver and if I ever get fired I have to yank this crap out so I'd like to not hack up my plastics but as a bass head anything is possible lol. So what I'm looking for here is some ideas on how to do this, on with the dimensions.

height 40"

width 45"

depth top 27"

depth bottom 35"

equipment

20 10" Polk Audio

SUBWOOFER SPECIFICATIONS

db1040

Thiele/Small Parameters

Type subwoofer subwoofer subwoofer

Driver Size 10"

(254mm)

Nominal Impedance Ohm 4

Frequency Response 28-200Hz

Fs (Hz) 35Hz

Re 3.5 Ohm

Le 3.0mH

Qms 9.1

Qes 0.59

Qts 0.55

Vas 0.99ft3

(28.3L)

Sd 54.25in2

(350cm2)

Power Handling (Watts continuous)270 Watts

Power Handling (Watts peak)540 Watts

Sensitivity (SPL at 1 Watt / 1 meter 86dB

Xmax (Linear) 0.3"

(7.5mm)

Voicecoil Diameter 2"

(50.8mm)

Mounting Depth Top Mount 5 1/2"

(138.9mm)

Mounting Depth Bottom Mount 6 1/4"

(158.2mm)

Mounting Diameter 9 1/16" (230.2mm)

amp 4 1200.1 polk audios

4 batteries

1 250 amp alt

any ideas are welcome and I know the subs are mediocre at best but thats what I'm getting to work with and

20 10's sounds fun as hell LOL

You don't have enough room if your staying just in the cargo area for 20 10s man.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

that would be sick for for a DD, even sealed that would be alot of volume to fill.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

You don't have enough room if your staying just in the cargo area for 20 10s man.

with just that and not cutting the plastics i have 28.60 cubes, and thats why I'm searching for ideas.

I fell on the ice yesterday and jacked my back so i'm chillin on pain pills and can't focus on crap hahaha

28.6/20 = ~1.4 per sub, net.....

You could do a sealed box maybe, but it would probably explode. On the plus side with your windows down it would turn your vehicle into a giant 4th order basically :shrug:

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

28.6/20 = ~1.4 per sub, net.....

You could do a sealed box maybe, but it would probably explode. On the plus side with your windows down it would turn your vehicle into a giant 4th order basically :shrug:

true but you would be inside the port then lol.. and not have any control on tuning

too little space for em to do it proper..

Just do 16 10s or even 12. That keeps the 4 amps and gives you plenty of space to work with. 20 10s would be cool but you would definitely be sacrificing output by choking them with a small box. Just my $.02

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

why you can do 20. Dont listen to all these people. If you read you sub specs you can see that they will work in 1cf. plus thats really all you need for a 10 anyway.

I put in the measurements with it you doing 2 layers all around. Not even counting the bottom depth being 35 and going off the 27" you will have 24.7cf

I aint going to take the time to measure out it with the bottom depth but i can guarantee you that you have enough box for 20 10s with port and bracing

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Archived