DD-1 + Me = Try again, and again, and again

Stopped by Steves shop today to pickup a DD-1, got a demo of the shop system and the Tahoe, both are ridiculous. The SQ of the shop system was surprising, I expected it to be loud but the clarity is what wowed me. And the Tahoe, that thing pounds!! The mids/highs are loud too, but not piercing loud, they sound smooth and balanced and don't struggle at all to keep up with the bass. Then I got hit with an uppercut of bass after I stuck my damn head in front of the port.....after the box spit my hat back at me (that I was wearing at the time), it looked like somebody tried to turn it inside out and I didn't even realize it had also knocked my glasses off my facetrippy.gif I have a feeling that's gonna make a youtube video here shortlydry.gif

So I get home and go to fire up my DD-1...no battery orly3.gif I luck out and find a pack of 9v batts in my room, put it in and fire it up, it's all good. I get out to my car and get the deck set to flat, turn off any and all sound processing, pop the disc in and get it ready, go to my 4ch and get the DD-1 connected, turned the gain all the way down, freq. all the way up so I can find out where my deck distorts at, cued up the track on the disc and turned the DD-1 on to get the reading and it starts doing something funky, all the lights would randomly come on, including low battery. WTF??? So I take the battery out and test it the only way I know how....yep, put it on my tongue LoL. It was definitely dead, so was the other one I had. So I went to the store and picked up a Duracell and fired up the DD-1 to make sure it was alright, it was. So instead of reading the directions like I should have I decided to wing it, using the tracks I remember Steve using in his video. Didn't work out too well. My mids/highs ended up being way too low and the subs way too high. Why? I only set the gain for my mids, forgot about the one for my tweets, and forgot to turn off the HPF for my subs on my deck and had the sub level at 0 (which is where it usually was before) so the gain ended up getting turned all the way to about 75% ehh.gif Figured out what I did wrong and tried again, this time I read the instructions. Was able to get both amps dialed in, gains are suprisingly low but system is just as loud as it was before and now I know everything is matched right and with no distortion in the signal. I've got some fine tuning to do on the sub amp but for the most part i'm good to go. Gonna finish tuning it tomorrow and make a little video so I can see what my setup can really do....before, 22 was loud.....i'm going to 33 tomorrowclapping.gif

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Nice! Getting mine Friday hopefully, ill be sure to pick up a new 9v beforehand lol. Sub'd for the vid with your head in the port :) haha

Going from 22-33 should be pretty brutal. Good luck!

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

The highest I can go with it is 28, any higher than that and my highs get harsh....gonna have to upgrade to get the full 33 out of it. But the jump from 22 to 28 was pretty crazy.

Can't Wait To get My DD-1 .. Should be here anytime now yahoo.gif

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

Nice story man, I hate when shit like happens. Nice to see though you got a nice increase. I can't wait to get a DD-1.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Stopped by Steves shop today to pickup a DD-1, got a demo of the shop system and the Tahoe, both are ridiculous. The SQ of the shop system was surprising, I expected it to be loud but the clarity is what wowed me. And the Tahoe, that thing pounds!! The mids/highs are loud too, but not piercing loud, they sound smooth and balanced and don't struggle at all to keep up with the bass. Then I got hit with an uppercut of bass after I stuck my damn head in front of the port.....after the box spit my hat back at me (that I was wearing at the time), it looked like somebody tried to turn it inside out and I didn't even realize it had also knocked my glasses off my facetrippy.gif I have a feeling that's gonna make a youtube video here shortlydry.gif

So I get home and go to fire up my DD-1...no battery orly3.gif I luck out and find a pack of 9v batts in my room, put it in and fire it up, it's all good. I get out to my car and get the deck set to flat, turn off any and all sound processing, pop the disc in and get it ready, go to my 4ch and get the DD-1 connected, turned the gain all the way down, freq. all the way up so I can find out where my deck distorts at, cued up the track on the disc and turned the DD-1 on to get the reading and it starts doing something funky, all the lights would randomly come on, including low battery. WTF??? So I take the battery out and test it the only way I know how....yep, put it on my tongue LoL. It was definitely dead, so was the other one I had. So I went to the store and picked up a Duracell and fired up the DD-1 to make sure it was alright, it was. So instead of reading the directions like I should have I decided to wing it, using the tracks I remember Steve using in his video. Didn't work out too well. My mids/highs ended up being way too low and the subs way too high. Why? I only set the gain for my mids, forgot about the one for my tweets, and forgot to turn off the HPF for my subs on my deck and had the sub level at 0 (which is where it usually was before) so the gain ended up getting turned all the way to about 75% ehh.gif Figured out what I did wrong and tried again, this time I read the instructions. Was able to get both amps dialed in, gains are suprisingly low but system is just as loud as it was before and now I know everything is matched right and with no distortion in the signal. I've got some fine tuning to do on the sub amp but for the most part i'm good to go. Gonna finish tuning it tomorrow and make a little video so I can see what my setup can really do....before, 22 was loud.....i'm going to 33 tomorrowclapping.gif

hahah i have NEVER put any 9v battery on a DMM. The battery on the tongue trick works the best and you can even gauge how much life it has in it if you have done it enough times in your life LMAO!!!!!! :rofl:

glad you like your DD-1 bro. Was nice having you over. Sorry im so busy and didnt have time to kick it longer.... :pardon:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Yeah man, thats a pretty nice device you guys got there, and the CC-1 is gonna be the perfect compliment to it. Im in for one of those for sure, gonna take all the guess work out of setting your amp. Next time I come through I'll keep my beat turned down so I don't drown out ur 18's again, LoL