~ iPad inDash SQ Rebuild ~ Scion tC 2006 Old Alpines, Sundown, Pioneer, Mechman

Clean wiring, but from the looks of it looks like you are running everything in mono to the front speakers unless you have a second one of those blocks somewhere else.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Well you asked me if I wanted some pointers... And after seeing your fiberglassing again its really making me wonder whats up. How do you get the body filler to sand down so smooth? I put on coat after coat and sand but theres still little spots... Btw the wiring and the box are looking good!

Basshead-in-Training

NICE work on the tweeter pods!

Can't wait to see more.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Clean wiring, but from the looks of it looks like you are running everything in mono to the front speakers unless you have a second one of those blocks somewhere else.

I have two blocks one on each rear interior fender. Mids are wired in parallel and split into ch 1/2 while the tweets are in parallel as well and split into ch 3/4

Nice job on the amps in the seat.......gives it a cool look!!!!!

It's actually a separate rack behind the seats so I can still seat 5 people.

Great fiberglass job for a first timer!! Think you just gave me the confidence to try making my own tweeter pods.

DO IT! It's fun when you get the hang of it.

NICE work on the tweeter pods!

Can't wait to see more.

Thanks going to continue working on it tomorrow

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Well you asked me if I wanted some pointers... And after seeing your fiberglassing again its really making me wonder whats up. How do you get the body filler to sand down so smooth? I put on coat after coat and sand but theres still little spots... Btw the wiring and the box are looking good!

It is usually the filler you are using. If you're using bondo it is going to be hard to get a perfect finish. Try some of the body filler from evercoat, and apply it over your glassed piece that you have sanded. Once the filler has been applied as smoothly as possible you want to start sanding after the filler is dried. I start with a 100 grit to 150 grit on the bondo bc the evercoat stuff sands very easily. Then work your way up I got from 100/150-220-320-320 wet then primer. Sand the primer down with 220 where the defect are, then primer again, 320-320 wet prime one last time. If its perfect I sand it 1000-1500 wet until I get a super smooth finish. Then paint it with a nice expensive rattle can lol I use rustoleoum professional. Lastly clear coat for that glossy strong finish.

Good luck man!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

How much power are you running to your new summer project? How are you reenforcing it? I see the screw and bolt through there but did you also reenforce the interior with a resin? I'm curious because I'm about to do a new project too and upgrade power. I'm afraid that I will need to add some bracing to my new box.

just my $0.02 too, have you tried birch for the box material? I use MDF right now but I had the opportunity to check out a birch box and it made the world of a difference although it's about $15 more per sheet :shrug:

Archived