Second Skin Audio

Sub problem

So i have an issue with one of my subs. When it hits some notes i will get a rattle sound from inside the box as if something us vibrating inside. I think it may be the plastic cover over the magnet but im not sure. Any other suggestions? If it is the plastic cover what would i be able to do to stop it from vibrating? Much thanks for support in advance.

possibly just the speaker wire

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

possibly just the speaker wire

I thought that was the case also but i have the same length speaker wire for both subs. The box has 2 15's each with its own chamber.

take it out and see if anything is loose

I did that also and could seem to see anything loose tried shaking it also, i do get a small rattle but its from the terminals. I dont think it could be those vibrating, but a possibility. I use 12ga speaker wire so they are nice and tight when the speaker wire is in.

What kind of sub is it cause my hifonics had some stupid plastic magnet cover that did the same thing I just pried it off at didnt hear it again

They are some cheap sound storm subs. CL15d

separate chambers? sealed box or ported? If its sealed it might be loose screws or poorly sealed, or could be the box is flexing and hitting against something under/beside/on top/etc..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

separate chambers? sealed box or ported? If its sealed it might be loose screws or poorly sealed, or could be the box is flexing and hitting against something under/beside/on top/etc..

Yea separate chambers and its ported. I cant see it flexing to much i have around 500wrms to each sub, i used a dmm to see how much voltage the amps is putting and did the calculations. I have my H/U that has a sub gain set at -20 and the amps are zx1000.1 2011 model and the gain there is barely at the first hash mark. Once i get that dd-1 i will be setting everything properly. Just waiting to get the christmas shopping out the way.