baaudio small 4th order build

ive never built a 4th order before and finally feel comfortable enough designing and building one. ill have 2 cu ft sealed and 4 cu ft ported. tuned at 47hz. im really curious to see how this goes. my port is on my access panel so i can adjust that if need be. ill be running two of the last three Diamond Audio D1 10" DVC4 ohms left on a Memphis PR500.1D amp at 1 ohm. if this is a success i may try a 4th order for my setup this upcoming season. anyways on to build pics.

dry fit:

2452e50d.jpg

8c059376.jpg

dca2e43c.jpg

72086137.jpg

477f109e.jpgf1badf37.jpg

I've been playing lots of different stuff through it. The first thing I noticed was that it was much louder then my ported box near my res freq but it lacks the low end that my ported box had. I'm thinking most of that is because these woofers may just not be well suited or this application. Another thing I miscalculated was i didn't factor the port displacement into my design and it's too deep to flip the port external and have enough room before my hatch. Here's pics from today:

f10f5a11.jpg

4e3c0d5b.jpg

fe893121.jpg

e1a8bf5f.jpg

5d92f8a0.jpg

93ecea5f.jpg

09dfbee2.jpg

07860023.jpg

174f3f0a.jpg

9ee07681.jpg

d52e3726.jpg

Well that's all for now. It seems louder then 140 but it's hard telling by the ear-o-meter

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Damn dude. That thing looks awesome. How's the sq on it?

it sounds really good. its very even from mid 30s to 50-60hz. definitely peaks around 50 but thats the res freg of my car as well. im pretty impressed with it especially for my first try. although im lacking the lower frequencies. my ported box for these tens got the lows pretty good but dropped of much above 40hz. i might make some tweaks next week but for now it will do :pardon:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Nice looking box bro!!!

it sounds really good. its very even from mid 30s to 50-60hz. definitely peaks around 50 but thats the res freg of my car as well. im pretty impressed with it especially for my first try. although im lacking the lower frequencies. my ported box for these tens got the lows pretty good but dropped of much above 40hz. i might make some tweaks next week but for now it will do :pardon:

Well, remember that 4th orders impedance rise it´s a bitch , and also, the more power the louder you get on lows, what does this mean? you have small power on a 4th order BP, if you add more power, lows should get WAY louder now, of course, this isn´t always a constant but it might been what´s happening to your lows right now :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Nice looking box bro!!!

Well, remember that 4th orders impedance rise it´s a bitch , and also, the more power the louder you get on lows, what does this mean? you have small power on a 4th order BP, if you add more power, lows should get WAY louder now, of course, this isn´t always a constant but it might been what´s happening to your lows right now :)

ya im thinking of throwing my cv stroker 1000.1 on it. but that would put these woofers at 100 watts above max lol. ive had them at that power before with no problems for about a week. but still :pardon:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

nice hoe did you curved the edges

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

nice hoe did you curved the edges

I used a 3/4" roundover bit in my router

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

okay so after going everything again after final assembly. this thing is all over the place. its more like 1:1.25 and tuned at 60ish hz with 20 sq in of port area. so i see two options. i can try getting the baffles out half decently and cutting them shorter to reduce my sealed volume or scrap this and build a new box in 2-3 weeks. ughhhh im tempted to try getting the baffles out, but if i mess it up ive got no bass. but building a new box will be $40-50. decisions decisions. what do you guys think

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

just made a new port. shrunk it down to 4.5" from 5" and almost double length. its now 14" long 2" external and was 8.75 before. i displaced some volume in the sealed chambers with scrap pieces of foam i had pieces were all about the same size, less then an 1/8" of difference. that helped some as well. ive got a better low end response now and it sounds better on music. i still am planning on building a new box but this is working very well for now :yahoo:

new port

photo.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Archived