Tracks on DD-1 disc???

There are a few tracks on the disc but no real explanation as to why you should or shouldn't pick on or another, aside from the step by step instructions but that doesn't include quite a few of the included tracks so i'm wondering what they're on the disc for? Like, what do the -5, -10, -15 numbers represent and what happens if you setup your system using a -15 track instead of a -5. What should prompt you to use a -5 instead of a -15? Just looking for some clarification here. Steve? Tony?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

It says in the manual.

-0db for headunit / eqs, etc

-5db for SQ on amps

-10db for a mix of sq and spl for amps

-15db to get the most spl

I use -5 for all my amps since it has the least likelihood of clipping

in the booklet the "SQ" setting is -5db for both 1000hz and 40hz

-5db is the safest setting beside 0db on the cd provided and it is what I recommend/use to set my gains.

-10db is what is recommended, but there are plenty of songs that are louder than that, so its a good compromise but is less safe than -5db. in my opinion, use -15db if u never listen to rap/heavy metal/dubstep. if available, you could use -10db and simply alter the sub level on the deck to get the desired effect, but thats for those who know their systems limits and know when to turn it down

the closer the value of the tone to ZERO the louder it is, which means your gain will be set lowest to match

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i love it when someone makes something so easy to understand.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

in the booklet the "SQ" setting is -5db for both 1000hz and 40hz

-5db is the safest setting beside 0db on the cd provided and it is what I recommend/use to set my gains.

-10db is what is recommended, but there are plenty of songs that are louder than that, so its a good compromise but is less safe than -5db. in my opinion, use -15db if u never listen to rap/heavy metal/dubstep. if available, you could use -10db and simply alter the sub level on the deck to get the desired effect, but thats for those who know their systems limits and know when to turn it down

the closer the value of the tone to ZERO the louder it is, which means your gain will be set lowest to match

Thanks for the explanation, easy enough to understand. Possible I overlooked this explanation in the manual seeing as how I am good for not reading them. I think I need to go reset my gain on my mids/highs cause they're too quiet at low volume, the bass easily overpowers them even when the bass is turned all the way down. And when I turn it up to where my mids and highs are where I want, the bass way too loud.....i'm talking about for just daily driving. If I was trying to just bang out, it would be perfect. But I like more clean, balanced sound for daily.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f