DC Sound Lab

the woofer in my room does something very similar to this. only when i turn the amp up so much so i figure its like distortion and turn it down. its not noticeable free air for me either. :pardon:

weird.

Where in Seattle are you? We might be able to meet up and get this thing debugged (I'm only pushing the amp around 1/3rd of what it can do - do I am definitely contacting crown if it is distortion)

im actually over in everett area

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

try not having the sub sonic so low until the sub breaks in. With the 2 EXTRA med spiders the FS on that sub is gonna be thru the roof until it loosens up

What would you recommend I turn it up to? ~30hz? I measured 33hz Fs on it when it was out of the enclosure if that helps with suggesting. I'm not sure how close or far this is from being broken in

well Im sure its gonna take several hours. Try taking it up to 35hz to start and see if that changes anything, then back it down.

Ok. I can't tell if it has done anything yet since it's late and I don't want the neighbors whining - but it has a good 10-12 hours of play time on it already (about 45 minutes of actually pushing it with some power) in total.

I will post back tomorrow if there is any change

If its new...it mite be jumping the gap.how much power do you have on it? I've done so many things to my xls its ridiculous..from breakn triple joints, snapping neck joints,burning formers, dimpleing formers,tinsels hitting cone,subs jumping the gap etc....could be a below tuning enclosure issue

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

If its new...it mite be jumping the gap.how much power do you have on it? I've done so many things to my xls its ridiculous..from breakn triple joints, snapping neck joints,burning formers, dimpleing formers,tinsels hitting cone,subs jumping the gap etc....could be a below tuning enclosure issue

~1200 watts at the moment

Give me like an hour and I can have a video up of what it looks like when it makes that sound

Edited by SnowDrifter

Here is a video if it helps since it seems like you have a lot of experience with these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKnbC61x3Cc

maybe the former is slightly too tall & is hitting the dustcap? i think ive heard about that happening before... :shrug:

if ur REALLY careful u could take off the dustcap & see if the top of the former is bent, then slightly bend it or cut it... maybe?

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg