Second Skin Audio

huge differnce between seales and doors open.

is your wall sealed well. If not it needs to be. Front sealed and rear sealed

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Why do you want to be louder sealed up? are you gonna compete at db drag? you can always compete on usaci, meca or another association,my suzuki swift was the same way that your car is right now, my explorer is backwards and man, i HATE the explorer so much, i´m all about demos, demoing a car with everything sealed up it´s just lame if you ask me, specially on the shows where you have lots of people gathered around your car to see everything, i prefer to be louder with both windows open all day long!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

This will be my first year competing in meca. I was also wanting to hit a few local dbdrags too. I am completely sealed off in the front and back. I just finished my build yesterday. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126066-mazda-323-wall-build/page__p__1775338__fromsearch__1#entry1775338 . I also am very disappointed. I tuned the box to 36 hz. But I have absolutely no lows. Again, I still need to put it on a termlab, but I played young Jeezy's "Put On" and I'm pretty sure my 6.5's have just as much bass as the 15's do that low.

The lowest frequency on that song is around 27 hz iirc , a 36 hz tuning is not the best for that unless you have a very low f3 wich is kind of hard to get, maybe you set the subsonic filter way too high?

About the wall, i guess you´ll have to compete on meca, usaci and the other associations that use an open door and forget about db drag unless you bass race on the 139.9 class for example, is not the end of the world actually, enjoy your new wall :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I just finished my wall and I am fairly happy with it except for one thing. With the car doors open it is pretty loud (haven't metered yet.) but with the doors shut it is substantially quieter. If I were to guesstimate I would say between 5-7 db difference. My dash and everything in the car shakes with the doors open but sealed not too much is going on. I know that it has to do with frequency and box design. But how can I retain the pressure with the doors shut?

that happens to me, i hit the lows harder with doors open or windows down, and the higher frequencies harder sealed, but i have it on a single cab

I just finished my wall and I am fairly happy with it except for one thing. With the car doors open it is pretty loud (haven't metered yet.) but with the doors shut it is substantially quieter. If I were to guesstimate I would say between 5-7 db difference. My dash and everything in the car shakes with the doors open but sealed not too much is going on. I know that it has to do with frequency and box design. But how can I retain the pressure with the doors shut?

i to just built my first wall and my truck sounds way louder open than sealed(not that my truck seals very well right now:( )and i had it on termlab it sounds and looks like a db or 2 but i would bet its in the tenths i hit a 147.7 open and 147.5 sealed (i dont have enough power to get better #s yet) but i dont know how big ur car is or where u have ur wall mine is at the C pillar because i dont like subs in my ear while driving and to make me do better sealed ;) get it on a termlab and see what it does ..and like every1 else said its trail & error till u get it right theres no quick fix unless u goto a serous PRO ....G.L

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

I got the scores in.

sealed on the dash - 146.7

with drivers door open - 152.1

kickpanel 153.8

30 sec average with driver window down 147.9

Hell yeah!!! That´s one loud car for some demos, i wish my explorer were like that, no matter what i build, i´m always louder sealed up, as soon as i open a door, output drops A LOT, that sucks for demos if you ask me , having to demo the car with everything sealed up is kind of boring if you ask me :(

So if I do a bigger enclosure will this help or hurt me? Same with port?

Not saying you made a bad wall. It's just the acoustical characteristics of your car. By opening the door or crackin' a window you have just created a second tuned enclosure. Pressure should be greatest at the opposing side of the open door/window.

To what you said sir, so Driver window down, passenger louder? and vise versa? Also does this apply for port to, if I have port driver side, passenger louder?

to OP: I am in the same boat as you, I have a civic hatchback. When I am sealed up I have my high end, but nothing under about 40hz, but man. Open the door or window and my god shit starts shaken.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

my wall is just as loud windows up or down.. i might pick up 1db opeing a window a few inchs but thats it..i play NOTHING over 34hz..only slowd music i play

thumpinmagicians version of "put on" is like 17 18hz on the low low..play that 1 and see how it goes lol jp

im also tuned to 34hz on paper.. but regardless of how i have my filters set etc etc my peak is still 32hz.. so its just all in the car

Edited by getlocivic