DC Sound Lab

sq on a DC level 5 or 4 xl at lower listening levels

They will both sound just fine.

It's all enclosure dependent.

I would like to keep the total box (port volume included) below 4 cubic feet for one 15. I'm tuning to 30hz with around 54sq in port area. I think that'll give me around 3.2cubes. would they do ok in a box this small?

3.2 cu ft not including port volume

5s sounds fine on low volume, even on low volume its

Level 5s sound fine quiet or loud - but why would you get a level 5 for low volume listeningblum.gif?

Edited by SnowDrifter

I have 4 18s lvl5. For normal driving I have the level very low and it seems to be fine. It's not like my other car with re sx where you can tell the transition of where it wants to be.

yeah the transition problem is exactly what I was talking about

I can't tell where my level 5 'transitions'. It sounds fine and happy at all volumes quiet or loud (not like a sq sub, but pretty good)

Edited by SnowDrifter

I have had both and IMO the XL sounds better by far at any level, then again I never had really enough power to give the 5s, only 3500 but I got louder and was happier with the sound quality increase and louder when I quote unquote downgraded to xls

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Turning down a sub to a quieter level does not an SQ sub make. However, the XL is seen by many to be DC's "SQ" woofer. I'd say XL over level 5 in this scenario.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

My xl's sound great on low volume. I can ride around with the family and the bass knob all the way down without issues

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

Level 5s sound fine quiet or loud - but why would you get a level 5 for low volume listeningblum.gif?

Because I have two kids that ride in my car and I would like it to have full presence and not seem muffled when its down low. When i'm by myself is another story altogether, low volume is when my rear view doesn't move completely off (get diagonal) immediately, and side view mirrors don't flap up and down like a bird from the door flex. This ain't my first rodeo.

Edited by chernenburn