Do I need a HO alternator??

If I am running four Skar VVX 15's on two sound stream tarantula 2000d. Giving each woofer about 1000 watts a piece. Would I need a HO alt? If so how big. I am also doing two batteries in the back and xs 3400 under the hood. Big three is done also.

Yes you would and that seems like a lot of power for those unless you are running them at 4 ohms and if thats the case it would be a waste to get 2 of the amps.

Edit: Didn't see that you were running 4

Edited by DjCrush

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

dont mind if i jump in i need an alt too it seems but im not looking to spend more than 300 + maybe 100 more for installation. not sure i would know how to switch it out.. any ideas? i have a 2001 sabb 93.

Where on your engine is the alternator located? If on top then it may be easy enough to do yourself. Spend the "installation money" on the alt and do your own install.

dont mind if i jump in i need an alt too it seems but im not looking to spend more than 300 + maybe 100 more for installation. not sure i would know how to switch it out.. any ideas? i have a 2001 sabb 93.

Where on your engine is the alternator located? If on top then it may be easy enough to do yourself. Spend the "installation money" on the alt and do your own install.

car needs to be on a lift to get to the alternator, which i dont have

If you want to have a HO alt, you need to be prepared to atleast put down 550 dollar, install not included.

You won't get a good HO alt for 300, except when there is a BIG discount.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

If you want to have a HO alt, you need to be prepared to atleast put down 550 dollar, install not included.

You won't get a good HO alt for 300, except when there is a BIG discount.

x2 this all the way