Second Skin Audio

4th order question.

DudeWith4x4

sorry this is off topic.... but Audiofanaticz, your a mod now? when did that happen? just wondering.

last night :D

Thanks for the info fanaticz. So on the low end I need 8cubes?

The numbers I gave is just an example.

if you have 2 subs and each sub is in a sealed 1 c/f chamber equaling 2 c/f sealed, then your center ported chamber would have to also be 2-4 c/f (2 for more daily applications, 4 for more higher spl applications). But you could go with any number between them, like a 2.5, 3, 4 c/f ported center chamber.

Your goal is to keep both sealed and ported chambers on a 1:1 ratio for daily, and 1:2 ratio for spl applications.

Im not a pro at bandpass enclosures by any means, just what I have been told by those that are great with building them.

Congrats on the mod-ship lol. Anyway. I need to see what lvl 3s need sealed I suppose.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

sorry this is off topic.... but Audiofanaticz, your a mod now? when did that happen? just wondering.

last night :D

Thanks for the info fanaticz. So on the low end I need 8cubes?

The numbers I gave is just an example.

if you have 2 subs and each sub is in a sealed 1 c/f chamber equaling 2 c/f sealed, then your center ported chamber would have to also be 2-4 c/f (2 for more daily applications, 4 for more higher spl applications). But you could go with any number between them, like a 2.5, 3, 4 c/f ported center chamber.

Your goal is to keep both sealed and ported chambers on a 1:1 ratio for daily, and 1:2 ratio for spl applications.

Im not a pro at bandpass enclosures by any means, just what I have been told by those that are great with building them.

Thats awesome man!

and i have never heard of 1 to 1 ratio with daily application for 4th orders. I have only heard of 1 to 2. If they are 10s then just do 1 cube sealed each and 2 cubes total ported. after displacement that is. That would be 1:1

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Lol does anyone know what the 15s need? Anyone a do rep around here? :P

-Ross

Project Layla

SoloX18 build:

RE T-line build:

and i have never heard of 1 to 1 ratio with daily application for 4th orders. I have only heard of 1 to 2. If they are 10s then just do 1 cube sealed each and 2 cubes total ported. after displacement that is. That would be 1:1

This is what I was told from Mike Singer for my buddies car that wants bandpass.

Like I said, Im no pro with the bandpass enclosures myself, just know a few things here and there.

Another person that knows a good bit with bandpass is Sanitarium.

With keeping it 1:1, would that give the enclosure a flatter response instead of a lot of peak curves?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

how would you tune a 4th order? like the ported enclosure would you do it the same?

dont mean to thread jack was just curious

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

This is what I was told from Mike Singer for my buddies car that wants bandpass.

Like I said, Im no pro with the bandpass enclosures myself, just know a few things here and there.

Another person that knows a good bit with bandpass is Sanitarium.

Well if mike singer said it I would put a lot in his designs. He's a amazing builder. Hopefully sanitarium chimes in. If not I'll have to send him a pm tomorrow. Thanks for the info so far guys.

-Ross

Project Layla

SoloX18 build:

RE T-line build:

i have heard that not all subs work in that way,i dont think a BTL would work like that, BTL woulth be in 6th order. not saying you are getting btl's just make sure the subs you are getting can be put in a box like that. anyways correct me if im wrong guys. i just got a box like that and was told that the FI Q would work better than the BTL in that box

Archived