Second Skin Audio

Bracing Help Box Guide idea

SlamminBeats

Those would be "all thread" or threaded rods. I use MDF or Birch depending on the budget since birch is more expensive, but 3/4" 13ply is as strong if not stronger than MDF and lighter. I use titebond for wood glue, and I clamp my boxes then shoot very few brad nails into them while they're drying. If you glue right and allow it to dry the joint you made with the wood glue should be stronger than any part of the box. If I brace I prefer to use wooden dowels cut to length and glued and screwed into the box where needed.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

all thread is an expensive brace when u have extra wood laying around

ill use round/square dowels any day over all thread, mostly because you can easily screw/glue wood together to make one solid interior brace. with all thread you have more small bracing that doesn't intersect and needs to be welded to properly secure it

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

ill use round/square dowels any day over all thread, mostly because you can easily screw/glue wood together to make one solid interior brace. with all thread you have more small bracing that doesn't intersect and needs to be welded to properly secure it

wooden dowels only stop flex one way and its the wrong way.. wood even the dowels still flex all thread will not flex and takes up lil to no air space i would not even consider useing wooden dowls for bracing i use to way back when before i knew how to get loud

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

wooden dowels only stop flex one way and its the wrong way.. wood even the dowels still flex all thread will not flex and takes up lil to no air space i would not even consider useing wooden dowls for bracing i use to way back when before i knew how to get loud

im talking about using dowel like this...

frontpanels.png

most guys cant get metal rods cut, but can easily get wood cut. so for the average joe who isnt doing 155db its more than fine. this site consists of far more average joes than guys like you alpine who compete... so cost comes into the equation and all thread aint cheap

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

the 45's in all the corners? if so.. allows for a smoother flow out of the box so its not a 90 corner acting as a trap

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived