Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

This box design was done for Joshua Longfellow and his pair of DC Level 5 15's. Tons of low-end bass was the goal, so what better way to do that than with a high ratio low tuned box? The sealed chamber is 3.5ft^3, and the ported section is 12ft^3 with tunings ranging from 33hz, 38hz, 43hz, and 52hz for spl burps. Alternate bracing methods and placement has been discussed, I thus threw a couple 2x2's in there for visual effect.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs


I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>


2200+ designs since March 2011...

Posted

Nope, but I sure as hell wanna contact you for my next box, your work is nice man!!! Doing my rebuild now

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Posted

Has anyone else done the multi-port route like this before?

Not that many before

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

I had made my solox box to have enterchangable ports but I never built another one. Lol I built my bandpass where the Acess panel to get the sub had a port on it where you could switch the ports. I built a 47hz and 50hz for it.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Posted

I had made my solox box to have enterchangable ports but I never built another one. Lol I built my bandpass where the Acess panel to get the sub had a port on it where you could switch the ports. I built a 47hz and 50hz for it.

I've always liked the idea of having an interchangeable port, especially for a bandpass box. It also allows you to build new ports and fiddle with port area and tuning, and cheaply too.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs


I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>


2200+ designs since March 2011...

Posted

I had made my solox box to have enterchangable ports but I never built another one. Lol I built my bandpass where the Acess panel to get the sub had a port on it where you could switch the ports. I built a 47hz and 50hz for it.

I've always liked the idea of having an interchangeable port, especially for a bandpass box. It also allows you to build new ports and fiddle with port area and tuning, and cheaply too.

It gave me some good experience on tunings and seeing witch performed and sounded better.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Posted

Has anyone else done the multi-port route like this before?

I have done multi round ports in a bandpass. I wish I'd done one single port later though...

Yeah, single port is much easier.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs


I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>


2200+ designs since March 2011...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6337 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...