Sonic Electronix

Tuning Frequency For My Car?

Alright...I'm sure you guys have noticed my questions over the past couple days. I have another one :) I drive a "93 mustang hatch back. I don't have a clue about the freq for this car. Well with the help of people on this forum I got my box build. It's tuned at 34hertz. Do you think this Hz be tuned in with my car? Or does it make a difference? My FI BL 18 says to tune ur box between 30-37 Hz.

I've had a shit system and finally decided to upgrade.

freq for your car? the box is what will give you your output. different cars have different cabin gains tho and will get different sounds(hatch backs, SUV's, trunk cars) but as far as being 'tuned in with your car' you'll be fine. it's tuned to 34 hz and should sound pretty good

Alright....I was asking because there is this guy at my school..he has a 10" FI BL fully loaded sub in his S-10. He took it to have it tested and he was hitting 137 I think. He said when he is farting his sub the louded Hz he can get because of his trucks airspace (I'm thinking) is like 49 Hz. I asked him how he knew this. He said the termlab at the audio store.

Alright....I was asking because there is this guy at my school..he has a 10" FI BL fully loaded sub in his S-10. He took it to have it tested and he was hitting 137 I think. He said when he is farting his sub the louded Hz he can get because of his trucks airspace (I'm thinking) is like 49 Hz. I asked him how he knew this. He said the termlab at the audio store.

His box and car combo may peak at 49Hz but there's probably more to gain closer to the 60Hz mark if he tuned the box that way due to that would be where the car peaks.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

every vehicle has it own resonant frequence. its thought that if u match your enclosure frequency to that of the vehicles u will meter higher. 1st i dont think for anything other than a comp vehicle its worth trying to figure it out and 2nd i dont think the tuning would be low enough to play music all that well. just stick with the 34hz and u will be fine.

Archived