Sonic Electronix

amp is hot please help!!

i do not have an extra battery...just the optima yellow underneath the hood..and ill try to place the grounds in a different spot..im going to have to take it in again so they can check the voltage as well although the battery is literally 2 weeks old.thanks

get an actual readout of the voltage, then you can see what your working with. do you have an extra battery for this setup wired to 1 ohm? that would stress out your electrical system....and move the grounds. seat bolts aren't good places for grounds.

Stay Golden

you got several problems, first is not enough amps from your alt, second the paint hasnt been removed from around your grounding point, also have you done your big three, start by getting some sand paper and get that ground good and solid,then think about upgrading your alt :drinks:

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

so are you saying my rf 2500-1bdcp is too much power for my single fi n2 15?? :(

Yea plus the btl needs alot of power, amd dats rf does too those amps.need.way too mush power!

You need power to make power. Even if your alternator was to provide a max charging of 110 amps, you are not going to give proper voltage and amperage to sufficiently power that amp. Also, what are the voicecoil configurations of the subs? I would get a proper ground.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

pretty sure hes saying for that amp to push all that power it needs power to do it.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I would put money on it being to small of an alt! The amp is under power and drawing to many amps and your one batt can hold the power and the alt cant charge it good so its causeing it to heat up real fast.

Archived