Sonic Electronix

amp is hot please help!!

yeah thats what i heard and i am getting rid of it..just waiting for my PEQ knob to come in on monday..but i just dont see why this amp is so damn hot..doubt it was because of the bass knob within 5 mins of very light play time.

The only thing similar is the connector for the 2 bass knobs, you don't know if it shorted something in the amp and that may explain why it's getting hot.

Helix P SIX DSP

Audiofrog GS10/GS60

Hertz HSV165XL (Rear Fill)

i thought that too but i didnt get any red lining indicating that the voltage was dropping..i do know i have to upgrade but..hot..i mean like ouch hot within 5 mins! i went to go touch it right now and its still lil warm and its in the garage and its 45 degrees outside and my windows are down and my car has been off for 45 mins already

running a 2500 plus another amp on a stock 110 amp alt.. THATS more likely your problem voltage dropping the shit out of it

Stay Golden

yeah thats what i heard and i am getting rid of it..just waiting for my PEQ knob to come in on monday..but i just dont see why this amp is so damn hot..doubt it was because of the bass knob within 5 mins of very light play time.

The only thing similar is the connector for the 2 bass knobs, you don't know if it shorted something in the amp and that may explain why it's getting hot.

I highly doubt that something related to the bass knob not being RF could cause the amp to heat up quickly.

That sounds utterly ridiculous. And what could it short?

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

I would have to say its the alternator if its the stock alt. Too drastic of a voltage drop, alternator cant keep up.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

get an actual readout of the voltage, then you can see what your working with. do you have an extra battery for this setup wired to 1 ohm? that would stress out your electrical system....and move the grounds. seat bolts aren't good places for grounds.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived