Sonic Electronix

need to know about port area

its not necessarily you need for your box, its more of the port area you need for your sub...for example if you decide that your sub would perform well with 14sq in of port per cube, you take total port opening area, say 2in wide and 13in tall=26..so you have 26 sq in of port TOTAL, you then divide by volume, lets say 2cu..so you have 13sq in per cube..it will sometimes be stated per cube, like in my example, it will sometimes be stated in total port area, like when someone says something like "6 cubes with 90sq in of port"

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

generally most people will go off of a rule of thumb 12-16 sq in of port per cube (the amount of cubes being after all displacements). Others go off of cone area in order to keep port velocity down in essence reducing port noise if there was any chance of it happening. I personally have switched over to doing by cone area rather than 12-16, but as long as you know your own goals and can relate it to how much port you need, you will be fine. Aero ports are a different story...

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I dont follow the 12-16 rule, i DO think it is a good general rule, but its simply that, a general rule. Im more concerned with velocity and compression

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

do any of you know about the RE box calc?

people have told me it is very accurate

i just tried to use it, and im conused about the port length im supposed to use since there is like 4 things involving the port

do any of you know about the RE box calc?

people have told me it is very accurate

i just tried to use it, and im conused about the port length im supposed to use since there is like 4 things involving the port

That's how I calculate my port business! I made a box for a guy to hold two L7's using the box calculator from RE and it works awesome. Easy to use, 3 dimensional model, and even a cut sheet to go off of.

***Edit

I just adjust the port length to increase/decrease the tuning frequency overall. It tells you port area and such as well.

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

Archived