Power supply is one of the most important and expensive parts to big audio installs, you can have all the amps and subs in the world but if you try and run it off stock alt and battery it will try and pull power that is simply not there and you can very quickly start killing your equipment.

Listen to the guys on here they are not telling you to get batteries and alt upgrades for no reason...it takes power to make power, you couldn't run a city on a single double AA Duracell battery out of your TV remote same way you cant run big audio installs from stock battery.If you dont have the power to feed your amps your amps can not produce the power it really is as simple as that.

So many of these 'Never had a real system im going straight to 16 billion watts, but what do I need to do it' posts are worse than ever. I and many others would suggest you do research and learn the ins and outs before dropping $2000 + into a good system just to blow shit.

Power supply is one of the most important and expensive parts to big audio installs, you can have all the amps and subs in the world but if you try and run it off stock alt and battery it will try and pull power that is simply not there and you can very quickly start killing your equipment.

Listen to the guys on here they are not telling you to get batteries and alt upgrades for no reason...it takes power to make power, you couldn't run a city on a single double AA Duracell battery out of your TV remote same way you cant run big audio installs from stock battery.If you dont have the power to feed your amps your amps can not produce the power it really is as simple as that.

HA HA

its funny you say that about AA batteries.... I figured out once (i was bored) how many I would need to run my system..... the number was like 5718 of them LMAO

NotSureIfSerious1.jpg

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

hahaha, i knew when he said he wouldnt pay $1000 for batteries but wanted 6000w he was going to post some cheap ass amps.

yes you do need to know about electricity to run a high powered system. if you did know about electricity then you would be able to tell that the legacy amp you posted could only do 800w at best just because of its fuse rating. but there is a hell of a lot more basic information on that website than teaching you about electricity. stuff as simple as how to mount an amp to an enclosure.

trust these guys. you are the 1000th kid to come in here and tell us you want to go big but you dont have any money but your dad knows what he is doing and you think you know best and blah blah blah blah blah. seriously, we get one exactly like you every week. just assume that everything you know is wrong. because, in all honesty, it probably is. in time you will see that im not being mean, its just the truth. and its ok that you dont know shit and want to make wrong decisions, your 16. thats what you do when your 16.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you dont know shit and want to make wrong decisions, your 16. thats what you do when your 16.

:pardon::peepwall:

:rofl:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Mysubs.jpg

Theres a Opti-Drive Lanzar in my stockpile. I'll proabably test those Autotek 12's before I buy anything else.

That looks like a Lanzar OptiDrive 150 which only produces 150rms or 75w x 2 the old school amps use to do more than rated but if you try and crank that amp up and push it to its max you are going to be riding around with a ticking bomb in your trunk. Like everyone else has said before READ READ READ and then when your brain hurts and you can't take anymore...READ it again. What your Dad could do back in the day and what the standard is now are completely different, what's funny is my dad taught me everything I know about Car Audio and as of late I have been teaching him everything he NOW knows about Car Audio, times change and the way equipment works and is build has as well. The companies that use to be at the top of the food chains back in your ol' boy's day just don't cut it now.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

you dont know shit and want to make wrong decisions, your 16. thats what you do when your 16.

:pardon::peepwall:

:rofl:

:friends:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Theres a Opti-Drive Lanzar in my stockpile. I'll proabably test those Autotek 12's before I buy anything else.

That looks like a Lanzar OptiDrive 150 which only produces 150rms or 75w x 2 the old school amps use to do more than rated but if you try and crank that amp up and push it to its max you are going to be riding around with a ticking bomb in your trunk. Like everyone else has said before READ READ READ and then when your brain hurts and you can't take anymore...READ it again. What your Dad could do back in the day and what the standard is now are completely different, what's funny is my dad taught me everything I know about Car Audio and as of late I have been teaching him everything he NOW knows about Car Audio, times change and the way equipment works and is build has as well. The companies that use to be at the top of the food chains back in your ol' boy's day just don't cut it now.

True stuff True stuff

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

dude if you dont have a clue about anything that you are asking about, why in the world would you need 6000watts for a daily driver, You have no idea what that kind of power installed right sounds like.

Ye dig, getting loud off little :D

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ 2200D - Replaced it, Works great

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

(2)XS 5100r under the hood & A 170amp alt

Archived