FI SP4 18s 3400 watts on each

• 2 months later...

you went all out and cheaped out on amps.

it was my understanding that the BRZ line does rated @ 14.4?

i cant back my claim up as i have not tested a BRZ amp, and i cant find the thread where i originally got that from.

but i thought the BRZ line does rated?

They do. My 1200 did 1212 watts at 14.4

E34 540iT/6

• 2 months later...

Ok the time has come for a massive update. The truck has taken a backseat to the wedding the past few months but it's back in full swing with a completely new enclosure going in. I used the first to fine tune what I wanted out of it and this new one should satisfy me completely. Going from 12.77 cubes to right at 11.5 still tuning at 29hz. Also moving all the amps to the back behind the seats and out of the way of the port flow by the hatch. This will be the final enclosure going in so it will be trimmed in to look all pretty and such. Adding four 6.5s in the trim work and glassing another set in the D Pillar by the hatch. Never seen the D pillar done so I'm running with it. I have lots of photos to upload. I'm at work on an iPhone so hear with me it may take a few min

you went all out and cheaped out on amps.

it was my understanding that the BRZ line does rated @ 14.4?

i cant back my claim up as i have not tested a BRZ amp, and i cant find the thread where i originally got that from.

but i thought the BRZ line does rated?

They do. My 1200 did 1212 watts at 14.4

just because it makes the rated power, doesnt mean it is a good amp. Maxxonics amps do rated on the hifonics and mb quarts, but only when in clipping.

The whole deal was spend money on Fi, which does everything in USA, in house machining etc, essentially one of the best quality products you can get, and then got hifonics amps. That's like getting a ferrari and putting a 2.8L V6 in it, doesnt make any sense.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Thanks Chevy!!! Btw you are extremely correct about the amps. They are junk and I will never buy them again. They reach thermal shut off in a matter of 30 min. I will no longer try to defend them ever lol hopefully going to a DC 7.5k soon

Archived