FI SP4 18s 3400 watts on each

I certainly was not offended. Just saying I've actually used the product and it had good results. Im not saying what I've heard. Steve obviously builds great stuff, but with that said you will hardly see anyone from this area using Rockford equipment. I've used their stuff too, and im not impressed with any affordable products they make. Id take hifonics lower lines over RF any day and I Sell both. Not everyone can afford $1200 subs and $2k amps. There are many options out there that people make awesome builds with.

Rockford low end blows in comparison to the BRZ series! My first system was a Fosgate T212D2 and a T1000.1bd and it was awesome but the new "Prime" line in comparison to the Hifonics BrZ line is no where near as good. For what they cost they certified by the same place that does Rockford, JL, Alpine etc. so to to say Hifonics is overrated its the same as saying Fosgate is overrated and I do t see people jumping Steve's ass for using Fosgate not sundown

its slowly turning in to a "Guns & Ammo" thread .... but i love the build ipackgoldotsrofl.gif

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

and i pack 45 ACP Jacketed Hollow Point 230 GR on my wilson combat 1911

Good choice in weaponry. :good:

nighthawk are sick too

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

I ordered my SP4s yesterday too & I'm personally doing 2 SD5k's on 4.

First, welcome!

Second, the amps & batts your doing... why not sale those & get some equip that'll really make them slam. What you're doing is like buying a nice, new LED 60" TV & watchin VHS tapes on it...

With your current equip, your BTL's will probably sound off better than the SP4s due to you're only moving to a better sub, that requires more, but that's the only upgrade you're doing..

The BTLs were running off two yellow tops with dead cells and couldn't hold a charge. I did 152.6 on music with 2000 watts on each (from over rated soundstream amps) Even with the small size of the batcaps they are more powerful than my previous battery setup. If I could cut up the truck to fit more batteries I would. But I can't. As for the amps maybe they won't be as loud as your 5ks ( which are amazing amps by the way!!!) but im not spending 5k on this set up either lol hopefully as my wedding passes I can add to this build an the wifey will be cool with it seein as this is my last act as a single man!

Btw I have a 55 inch Samsung LED and I run blu ray ;)

Oh also can you respond with what those 5ks cost? I'm extremely interested in them. Even if I bought those I could keep the BRZ an they won't go to waste

The SD5k was like 900.00 shipped ea during the group buy earlier this year then I got a couple off Boilermaker on here when he decided not to use SD.

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

As for replying to everyone individually that ain't gonna happen but yes I could get diff amps. Did I want to? Yes do I like these? Yes. They will be dual 1s hooked one amp per coil should be fine to handle daily beatings. They are cea compliant. They may not do 25% more than stated but they will do what they say. What I really like about this forum is everyone is so diverse and I'm here to learn allot. I know haters gonna hate but in my eyes we are all one big ass family so I can dig it!

Hey bro want to welcome you to the forum, I am new also by around also 2 months, I saw your post so I figured I would say hi. Hifonics aka Maxxsonics are the owners of the brand, plus MB Quart, Crunch, and Autotek, just a little info for ya, I have ran Hifonics for years and love them, keep at it, I will be tuned in for this build, great work bro!

Audio Element Designs "A new level of Sound"

As for replying to everyone individually that ain't gonna happen but yes I could get diff amps. Did I want to? Yes do I like these? Yes. They will be dual 1s hooked one amp per coil should be fine to handle daily beatings. They are cea compliant. They may not do 25% more than stated but they will do what they say. What I really like about this forum is everyone is so diverse and I'm here to learn allot. I know haters gonna hate but in my eyes we are all one big ass family so I can dig it!

Hey bro want to welcome you to the forum, I am new also by around also 2 months, I saw your post so I figured I would say hi. Hifonics aka Maxxsonics are the owners of the brand, plus MB Quart, Crunch, and Autotek, just a little info for ya, I have ran Hifonics for years and love them, keep at it, I will be tuned in for this build, great work bro!

Thanks for the welcome homie!!!! I personally dig Hifonics stuff.

Great job on the old build bro! And welcome to the forum. Eta on the sp4's? Excited to see the craftsmanship on the new box.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Great job on the old build bro! And welcome to the forum. Eta on the sp4's? Excited to see the craftsmanship on the new box.

I ordered em Friday. Every email I get I will relay them to y'all

i personally wont give anyone shit for any product they use. i recommend products based on results i see, but i offer dirt cheap audio, and i also offer expensive audio. you usually get what you pay for, but there are many great budget lines out there that can sound great and put up big spl numbers. --hifonics brz amps are certainly one of those. and im not saying rockford is terrible, im just not impressed with their price/power, price/quality ratio. will i sell it to someone if that is what they want, of course. and i definitely wont give steve shit for using RF and not sundown. Obviously the upper line of RF amps can get loud, he has proven that. Hes reached higher daily scores than I certainly ever have for peak. But just the same, I know sundown has a good reputation, specifically with forums. If he likes RF, thats who he likes. I know a lot of people with sundown equipment, however, i personally have never used their equipment. not saying they arent worth it, i just cant afford it. I am one of the cheap buyers. I love my personal car audio, but there are priorities in line before my own car. keeping my shop doors open to be the first.

Archived