I am wanting to eventually get a career in car audio. But I want to like make new subwoofers and amps and like make them. Does anybody in the forum do that? If you do can you help me with what to do and stuff like that. And what type of career would it be called? I am still in high school just trying to get my ducks in a row before college.

I would imagine mechanical engineering, math, and electrical engineering would be some big ones to understand. Physics I would imagine is important too if your designing subs, but not 100% on that. Good luck man!

Do you want to be the guy that makes them work the guy that makes them look good? Two different jobs there, in my mind.

Make them work = engineering and math of some sort

Make them look good = a design path of some sort

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

EE would be a good place to start for the amp side of things. It would branch a little bit to the computer engineering side of things, depending on how you define computer engineering.

The subwoofer side of things is a mix of a lot of things. You would probably start off mechanical engineering then branch off at some point to concentrate in something audio. Im not really sure there, Im only a junior electrical/computer engineering major.

If you want to do anything engineering related, I hope you are the type of person who takes school seriously. If not, don't waste your time and money.