DC Sound Lab

M1 recones can still be built.

For how long I plan on keeping mine for a while.

even if they run out your can recone an m1 motor and basket with an m2 recone. DC is cool like that. :woot:

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

NICE

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

Guys the only sub that is getting a different coil is the m2 Level 4. All of the others are staying the same. Spider packs will be different from the m1 line though.

:orly3: why such a big power handling difference on the XL then? will better cooling make that much of a difference?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

im guessing the cones are lvl 5 cones, so they are built to handle more power than what the xl motor can push. They just leveled the playing field a little bit. its still not as big as the lvl 5 motor just slightly bigger and a whole lot better. :peepwall: just a guess though.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Guys the only sub that is getting a different coil is the m2 Level 4. All of the others are staying the same. Spider packs will be different from the m1 line though.

:orly3: why such a big power handling difference on the XL then? will better cooling make that much of a difference?

The xl could always handle a lot more than what it was rated at

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

The xl could always handle a lot more than what it was rated at

well isn't it like that with the majority of good subwoofer companies out there? if you know what you're doing sure you can do more than rated, but why is the power handling on the XL higher if it's the same coil? it's higher than the max you recommended on the old XL's daily right?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

In my personal experience and I know there are plenty of others that have done it, the m1 XL could handle 3500w of clean power musically before it started to get a little stinky. The power rating difference is coming from a combination of the new cooling built into the motors and the m2s also have a stronger motor than the m1s.

The XL and Level 5s use the same coils also and I believe all of the cones are the same throughout the levels. There is now an upgrade option for the AR cones, which are a little bit thicker and stronger than the standard cone.

In my personal experience and I know there are plenty of others that have done it, the m1 XL could handle 3500w of clean power musically before it started to get a little stinky. The power rating difference is coming from a combination of the new cooling built into the motors and the m2s also have a stronger motor than the m1s.

The XL and Level 5s use the same coils also and I believe all of the cones are the same throughout the levels. There is now an upgrade option for the AR cones, which are a little bit thicker and stronger than the standard cone.

ahhh, that's all I wanted to know man, thanks! I just wish the site was up with pics of these new subwoofers <_<

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360