Second Skin Audio

15s In S-10

K, so my friend has a 1999 s-10 ext. cab. For christmas his parents are giving him $1100 for whatever he wants. He wants 4 p3 15s on a t40001. I told him to go ahead and get 6 p3 15s but then i was worried about space. I know 6 15s in a s-10 will be a close to impossible fit. He deff. going with a wall tho.

I also tried to talk him out of p3s and go with something louder for around the same price.

its roughly 900 for 6 p3 15s.

Do u guys know of any other 15s or 18s possibly around the same price that would slam.

I was telling him to get 2 btl 15s or 2 btl 18s but hes stuck on 4 subs.

What do u guys suggest he run for the price hes looking at?

do u think 2 btl 15s will get as loud as 6 p3s?

Lets Go Ski

I would push for something other than 6 sealed if it were me. Whether it is Fi, AQ, RE, etc., I would push for some better subs. If the $1100 is available just for subs and he doesn't have any other items that he has to buy with the money from his parents how about 2 BTL 18's? There are a bunch of options. Maybe setup 6 or 8 12's ported. 12s can get loud. Just some thoughts.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

I ran 3 sealed hitting low 150s and I ran 1 ported hitting 149. You can get louder with a ported box and less subs. 6 in a clam shell sealed is gonna bump hard but your gunna have to cut the interior up.

clamshell FTMFW!

it's a S-10 for crying out loud...

for subs? get him two 18" BTLs, if he is going to do a wall, you can do a 13CF box in the back, which is plenty of space.

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Kicker ZX350.4 powering CDT CL-61A's with TW-24 Tweeters

Contact me:

AIM: Necromancer Ku

YIM: Ku_Karukasa

MSN: [email protected]

verification_seal.gif

$1100 isn't going to get him 2 btl 18's and an amp to power it, not including that he's gonna need an upgraded electrical system

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.