Sonic Electronix

:popcorn:

Slightly off topic here, where's the best place to get high bitrate/high quality music without buying and ripping the full album?

Since iTunes isn't lossless, is there any place that is/comes close?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Slightly off topic here, where's the best place to get high bitrate/high quality music without buying and ripping the full album?

PM'd

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

MP3's off an iPod's dock connector to USB will be the same as MP3's off a flash drive and will be the same as the same MP3's burned onto a CD. Burning an MP3 onto a CD doesn't magically up the bitrate and make a higher quality audio recording. It just writes whatever data is there. WAV will generally be a better bitrate as it is uncompressed (unless someone decided to lower it to reduce file size)

If you have your iPod at full volume through the AUX input, it'll be louder bass because it's actually a higher amplitude sine wave than the unamplified file off the CD. The "volume" knob on your iPod is a gain knob for the internal amplifier. Nothing more. The trade off is that the audio is now most likely a clipped signal. The same effect as turning the gain knob on your amp to full. It will be loud but it's risking damage to your equipment.

A small amount of clipping is fine of course but if you haven't used a DD-1 or o-scope to set your gains then your iPod is clipping plus your headunit at full volume could be clipping and possibly your sub amplifier. 3 potential sources of distortion simply compounding on one another. If you're going for best quality, stick to .wav files on a flash drive/iPod via dock connector or use CD's.

What if I put my Ipods volume to halfway instead of turning it all the way up when im using the AUX jack?

I would say torrents but.if.I'm wrong please let me know too

system:

changes way to much...

I'd like to know this too

CDs in my car bump harder at 26/35 than my iPOD at 28/35, most I go up to with CD is 28 and with iPOD I can take it to 30 but usually just have it at 28. iPOD I set the max volume limit at 1 below full and the EQ is set to Flat. I would use USB but the cord was cut not to mention it takes way too long to scroll thru on my single din Kenwood anyways.

I don't notice too much of a difference between either source, other than bass being a little heavier with CD and volume not having to be as loud, I've just been using iPOD again since burning mp3 cds takes forever and also like mentioned above a good quality aux cord is the key. I had been using a cheap one and the quality sucked so I went back to CD, my friend told me to get one that is gold shielded and of better quality so I bought this a few weeks ago http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AR5XIK/ref=oh_o05_s00_i00_details and the difference was night and day.

My settings on my HU are this:

CD - Sub: 0, Mid +4, Treble +4

Aux - Sub: +3, Mid +6, Treble +6

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical