ALL games run slow after fresh install of Win. 7

so after cleaning out my comp. manually a month or so ago, i realized i deleted some shit so some programs wouldent open, i was running windows 7 at the time aswell, so i said alright ill just reinstall windows again NBD, got bored bought 2 games off amazon, and both where really laggy, it would work fine for a few seconds then start being choppy again, so i was like wtf, contacted amazon, aswell as the game devopers they dident know, downloaded the newest driver for my grafics card off nvidas site, its the GE 8500GT, now when i downloaded hard trucks(always loved those games) its fine then studders for about 5 seconds then goes back to normal, that happens every 20-30 seconds, the fucked up thing is i played WoW (all the way up to litch king) perfect, no lag sept for internet, graphics where great, no problems, about 2 days prior to reinstalling windows i was playing the sims 2, so something happend from before i reinstalled to after, its not the game its the computer, so annoyed

help!

god im a thread whore latly :drink40:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Have you tried to go into the nvidia control panel and adjust your settings for optimum performance for EVERY setting? Also try to go into the control panel> power options> look for the plan that has the radio button selected and then click "edit plan settings" then click "advanced power settings" and scroll down to processor power management. Make sure the "system cooling policy" is set to active and that the "maximum processor state" is set to 100%. The maximum processor state will actually change the clock rates of your main processor so if its less than 100%, you arent operating at the full clock rate of your processor.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

how do i optimize it for every setting? and i just did that, still the same thing :trippy:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Ok, to optimize every setting you need to go to control panel and there should be an option for nvidia control panel. Once you are in there you would want to look at the top left underneath "3d settings" and click on "manage 3d settings". For my new laptop im using right now (it has an nvidia geforce m555 with 3gb dedicated video memory) i set my settings accordingly.

Ambient Occlusion: performance

Anisotropic filtering: off

Antialiasing gamma correction: on

Antialiasing mode: override any application setting

antialiasing setting: 2x

antialiasing transparency: multisample

cuda gpus: all (you may need to check the box if you have multiple graphics cards installed)

maximum pre-rendered frames: 0

multi-display/mised gpu acceleration: single display performance mode (idk how many monitors you are using on your computer, since mine is a laptop i just set it to single display as im mainly using just the internal screen)

power management mode: prefer maximum performance

texture filtering anisotropic sample optimization: on

texture filtering negative lod bias: allow

texture filtering quality: high performance

texture filtering trilinear optimization: on

threaded optimization: on

Triple buffering: on

vertical sync: force on

I set it all like that and my computer gets a 6.9 aero score for the graphics and gaming graphics. I have a 7.5 for the processor, 7.6 for the ram, and sadly a 5.9 for the hard drive until i go from dual 500gb drives to a dual 2tb and 256gb ssd drive setup.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i set mine same as yours, nothing -.- this shits driving me nuts

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

ur pc is 1000 years old runing something its not meant to run what do expect

when we were at school i was playing everything just fine, now that im home and have nothing to do when im not out im playing bullshit games to pass time, now they dont work after i reinstalled, its driving me nuts, lag ftl, i played wow for roughly a little over a year on this computer and graphics card, ram, etc, i even played a for a day on win. 7 and it was working flawlessly, only lag being the internet

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Ok, to optimize every setting you need to go to control panel and there should be an option for nvidia control panel. Once you are in there you would want to look at the top left underneath "3d settings" and click on "manage 3d settings". For my new laptop im using right now (it has an nvidia geforce m555 with 3gb dedicated video memory) i set my settings accordingly.

Ambient Occlusion: performance

Anisotropic filtering: off

Antialiasing gamma correction: on

Antialiasing mode: override any application setting

antialiasing setting: 2x

antialiasing transparency: multisample

cuda gpus: all (you may need to check the box if you have multiple graphics cards installed)

maximum pre-rendered frames: 0

multi-display/mised gpu acceleration: single display performance mode (idk how many monitors you are using on your computer, since mine is a laptop i just set it to single display as im mainly using just the internal screen)

power management mode: prefer maximum performance

texture filtering anisotropic sample optimization: on

texture filtering negative lod bias: allow

texture filtering quality: high performance

texture filtering trilinear optimization: on

threaded optimization: on

Triple buffering: on

vertical sync: force on

I set it all like that and my computer gets a 6.9 aero score for the graphics and gaming graphics. I have a 7.5 for the processor, 7.6 for the ram, and sadly a 5.9 for the hard drive until i go from dual 500gb drives to a dual 2tb and 256gb ssd drive setup.

I would never have vertical sync forced on... thats lols. Your just asking for horrible framerate in games. No matter how good your set up is...

FORCE OFF is ftw.

fml, turned that off too, same shit, its fine for about 15-30 sec. then it lags for about 5, then its back to normal

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg