Sonic Electronix

Reason why I am asking is cuz that new hybrid alt mechman makes does 240 at 600 rpm idle and just gathering some info at the moment. Thanks CJ

Completely understandable. It all depends on the application that the product is being used. If you need the most output at idle, and the Mechman unit will do 240 at idle and I believe it is a 300a unit, then that is the unit for you. If you are not too worried about idle but still want good output BUT want a higher peak output, then the 200@idle and 350+ peak would be the best.

Both are good products and would just depend on the application that they would be used in.

I would say that it does every bit of 200a at idle bc on my suburban (also has the shity low idle) although I have 3 iv got 14 XS power D3400 batteries and was running 4- dc 5ks and is now runing 2- dc 9Ks and staying well above 14v at 1800-200rpm and still at idle I never see below 13v full tilt on music

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

I hate threads like this, they are so useless.

Why? It might be useless for you but for someone looking for information it is helpful as long as the info is kept on topic and does not bash any other product.

No, it does the exact opposite. How you think it helps makes little sense to me, not raining on a product YOU run. I will explain, as maybe I should have in the first post. OP is confused because he has heard different things. Good and bad. So then he asks a group of people he does not know who have different point of views so now he is stuck once again with "different things". How that is helpful doesn't make sense to me, merely adds to the confusion. So then it becomes an inefficient way of finding the answer he is looking for.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

it doesnt look like you can really compete with it for the price. thats why im buyin one for my maxima as soon as i get the funds.

thats why i want to know what it does at idle (aka 600rpms). some chevys and gm's idle really low 500-600rpms like my truck not 800-900 like a lot of others.

chevy is a gm,i think you can swap the pulleys to help with alternator rotation. i think i seen smaller alternator pulleys to make it spin faster and also larger crank pulley

Not stating the brand I'm commenting on but I will say when I came up to ohio we benched some "300amp" alts I had agnst mikes 350a units and I will just say that my supposed 300a alts did no where near what the claimed amperage was.... While when we benched all of the alts going in my truck every single one on the same test did over the rated 350amp mark

Hope iv gave some helpful info...?

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

I hate threads like this, they are so useless.

Why? It might be useless for you but for someone looking for information it is helpful as long as the info is kept on topic and does not bash any other product.

No, it does the exact opposite. How you think it helps makes little sense to me, not raining on a product YOU run. I will explain, as maybe I should have in the first post. OP is confused because he has heard different things. Good and bad. So then he asks a group of people he does not know who have different point of views so now he is stuck once again with "different things". How that is helpful doesn't make sense to me, merely adds to the confusion. So then it becomes an inefficient way of finding the answer he is looking for.

He came in looking for information which is what he has gotten. Yes myself and Blake have had good experiences and love the product. Are there others that may have not had as good of luck? Yes. I can only speak from my personal experience which has been great. Mike helped me through every step of setting up my electrical and has even helped me with my 4th order designs. He has answered all of my emails promptly.

This is my last post about this. Posts like yours are what gets arguments like this started and causes threads like these to get off topic and be closed. If you have experience with the brand in question, then your opinion and experience is valid. If not, then what is the point of posting just to post?

I apologize for getting off topic but that needed to be said.

I cant really add if i like my singer 350amp alt for my 03 tahoe cuz my damn sister didnt anwser the door when ups showed up today to deliver it. but hopefully i can add how well the alt does on my 2 d3100s ,dc 5k, and dc 175.4 tomorow! but mike told me my 350amp unit was the first to receive the new larger brass charge stud and copper ground stud

Oh my god.

Yes, I used Singer alternators, and did not like them. 100x happier with my Mechman. Also, when I did start having issues communications were near nonexistent. Chalked it up to the loss column and put my Mechman units back in. And I was left with a taste where I will never run the alts again. Not to mention even ORDERING the alternators took awhile, totalling about 2 months from the first email sent until I received the units.

Now, once again, HE HAS MIXED REVIEWS AGAIN WHICH PROMPTED THE THREAD. So in essense, the same position he was to begin with.

:drinks:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I absolutely love my singer alt. This past weekend I didn't drop below 13.2 (from 14.2) running my ab 450.1 at .175 on my 2 xl's at full tilt.

I know I'm gonna catch some grief for that ohm load lol It never shut off once.

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg