Sonic Electronix

Title.

Ive only used kicker in all my set ups so im scared to move on from them but i know theres better poential out there.

Ive been looking into the sa12, But will 4 sa12s, on 3000w, be as loud as 4 kicker l7s?

I want my buddies to say DAMN THATS LOUD, and shake windows..

The SA12s price is better than Kicker l7. And my experience is kicker subs dont last long (at least their square subs)

What are some other options? Its going to have to be sealed too. Ive had kickers in sealed and ported also..

Sa12s are for the win bro, they'll make kicker look like shit. And with the right box, i could see it doing 48-50s on music on 3k, just make sure your electrical is all good, and you won't be dissappointed with the sa series of subs. And why does it have to be sealed? What kind of vehicle do you have? Idk if itll do big numbers sealed.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Dude sealed sucks, unless it's a cool clamshell or something. I'd do 2 subs ported before I'd do 4 sealed.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Well I can only make the box 6.5 cu ft.

Im thinking about doing 3 12 sa Ported now.

99 mustang. Small trunk. But I can somehow fit a 6.5 cu ft box in it. :D

And now someone brought to my attention

DC lvl 4s and SKAR subs?? SKAR subs pound.. I havent heard dc yet

Edited by 99StangGT

Well in that case don't forget about obsidians. This forum really loves dc but I'd stick to sundown... Personal preference

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

With the ammount of room you have, definitely go with subs that require smaller boxes, the SA 12 seems to be the best bang for the buck sub out there, i´ve seen them get LOUD on something like 1.6 c/f per sub :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Your not going to be able to get the box in the trunk you would have to maybe try to fit it threw the door and remove your back seat to get more clearance to get it in the trunk. Or you could build it in the trunk which is hard. I'd say 2-12's 1.5-1.8 cf per sub at like 32Hz. That would be your best bet. Imo

Just do 4 sa-8 of the new ones, on about 4k

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz